Can I update via OTA in future if I don't update to kitkat now?

Niloofar6

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Considering the fact that kitkat disables flash and provides no other big improvements, I may not update! But I'm afraid I won't be able to update from 4.3 to next android version that will be available for my phone in future.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Considering the fact that kitkat disables flash and provides no other big improvements, I may not update! But I'm afraid I won't be able to update from 4.3 to next android version that will be available for my phone in future.

KitKat with ART enabled made Android faster and smoother than ever before, I think that by itself enough for me. To get Flash on KitKat, see here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/an...king-flash-player-dolphin-browser-kitkat.html

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

It shouldn't be a problem skipping this upgrade and still being to upgrade to the next one, but if you want a certain level of comfort, you can always download the factory image now and just store it on your PC for future use if needed.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Niloofar6

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
My kitkat update stopped in the middle of download process. It says:"couldn't update" And pressing the "retry download" button doesn't make any difference!:confused:I have stock 4.3 and haven't changed anything on my phone.How can I fix it?

Attachments

• 1385754573495.jpg
    1385754573495.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 15

Niloofar6

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
KitKat with ART enabled made Android faster and smoother than ever before, I think that by itself enough for me. To get Flash on KitKat, see here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/an...king-flash-player-dolphin-browser-kitkat.html

It shouldn't be a problem skipping this upgrade and still being to upgrade to the next one, but if you want a certain level of comfort, you can always download the factory image now and just store it on your PC for future use if needed.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Help?

Niloofar6

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Reboot the phone and try again. If that doesn't work, you can either try a factory reset then see if it will update or manually flash the stock 4.4 images for the Nexus 4.

It's not a good idea to flash factory image if you are new to this and you will lose all your data in the process. For starter you could sideload the OTA package:
Manually Update the Nexus 4 to Android 4.4 KitKat - YouTube

You could just stick with 4.3 if you want. Just that some people reported KitKat auto installed on their device without them knowing, or you'll keep getting the notification to update.

I changed the date settings on my phone.I read somewhere it works.And it's downloading now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674