Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

Default How do I recover past Amber alerts?

Once an Amber alert is cleared, is a there any way to view that alert again (or any other past Android alert/notification)?

I've noticed Amber alerts are under a category called "Cell Broadcasts".

Global Posts
    1,653 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Default Re: How do I recover past Amber alerts?

Quote Originally Posted by pvman View Post
    Once an Amber alert is cleared, is a there any way to view that alert again (or any other past Android alert/notification)?

I've noticed Amber alerts are under a category called "Cell Broadcasts".
    No.... not once the alert is cleared.
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.

If you are interested in the content, rather than retrieving the actual alert that went to your phone, it looks like you can try AMBER Alert Program for a list of active amber alerts. I can't verify that as it says there are no active alerts at this time. That may not be what you're looking for though.

You can always got to amberalert.com to pull all alerts both active and past. You search by state.

Global Posts
    7,859 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

O_o If you don't mind me asking, what is the need for this? I can't think of anything it would be useful for
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    O_o If you don't mind me asking, what is the need for this? I can't think of anything it would be useful for
    Sure. A couple of times I've cleared them before having a chance to read them. Sometimes when we are out, it's good to be able to be on the lookout. Quite a few of those alerts in my area have been resolved by private citizens making a sighting and notifying athorities.

I noticed on my wife's iPhone that past notifications of this type are available on her pull-down panel, for some finite amount of time, after being acknowledged.

Global Posts
    7,859 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by pvman View Post
    Sure. A couple of times I've cleared them before having a chance to read them. Sometimes when we are out, it's good to be able to be on the lookout. Quite a few of those alerts in my area have been resolved by private citizens making a sighting and notifying athorities.

I noticed on my wife's iPhone that past notifications of this type are available on her pull-down panel, for some finite amount of time, after being acknowledged.
    OK. I've only had a few on my phone and I did look out for it. Saw the model and make but never the same color

Posted via Android Central App
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.4.4

Open the Messaging app, choose the menu (bottom-right), and select "Cell broadcasts" -- there they are
    Nexus4 - Stock 4.4.4
    Nexus7 - Stock 4.4.4

I just got my first Amber Alert and all that's in it is the car license plate and make and model. Is that all that comes with these things? Also, there's no location listed. I'm assuming I got this based on my geo-location?

Quote Originally Posted by Sicily1918 View Post
    Open the Messaging app, choose the menu (bottom-right), and select "Cell broadcasts" -- there they are