How do I recover past Amber alerts?

pvman

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Once an Amber alert is cleared, is a there any way to view that alert again (or any other past Android alert/notification)?

I've noticed Amber alerts are under a category called "Cell Broadcasts".

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Once an Amber alert is cleared, is a there any way to view that alert again (or any other past Android alert/notification)?

I've noticed Amber alerts are under a category called "Cell Broadcasts".

No.... not once the alert is cleared.

vlee

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
If you are interested in the content, rather than retrieving the actual alert that went to your phone, it looks like you can try AMBER Alert Program for a list of active amber alerts. I can't verify that as it says there are no active alerts at this time. That may not be what you're looking for though.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
o_O If you don't mind me asking, what is the need for this? I can't think of anything it would be useful for

pvman

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
o_O If you don't mind me asking, what is the need for this? I can't think of anything it would be useful for

Sure. A couple of times I've cleared them before having a chance to read them. Sometimes when we are out, it's good to be able to be on the lookout. Quite a few of those alerts in my area have been resolved by private citizens making a sighting and notifying athorities.

I noticed on my wife's iPhone that past notifications of this type are available on her pull-down panel, for some finite amount of time, after being acknowledged.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Sure. A couple of times I've cleared them before having a chance to read them. Sometimes when we are out, it's good to be able to be on the lookout. Quite a few of those alerts in my area have been resolved by private citizens making a sighting and notifying athorities.

I noticed on my wife's iPhone that past notifications of this type are available on her pull-down panel, for some finite amount of time, after being acknowledged.

OK. I've only had a few on my phone and I did look out for it. Saw the model and make but never the same color :p

Posted via Android Central App

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I just got my first Amber Alert and all that's in it is the car license plate and make and model. Is that all that comes with these things? Also, there's no location listed. I'm assuming I got this based on my geo-location?

Open the Messaging app, choose the menu (bottom-right), and select "Cell broadcasts" -- there they are :cool:

Digitalman42

Jun 7, 2019
Visit site
I found this super old thread and while mildly helpful, didn't answer my question for 2019 - so at the risk of replying to a super old thread, I'm going to post what I found for Android version 9 on a Moto-X:

Settings > Apps & Notifications > Advanced > Emergency Alerts > Emergency Alert History