1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 4 battery broken?

Hey guys!

I've had Nexus 4 for 9 months now and it has worked fine, but for a month, give or take, the phone has done the following: battery allegedly has 50% of battery, sometimes more and sometimes less and then it starts locking out and finally says no battery and shuts down. When I charge the phone it goes to 100% in no time. I've rooted the phone and done battery calibration but it hasn't helped. I've changed the screen couple months back so warranty is out of question for me. What can I do? Order a new battery and hope it works or does anyone have any info about the motherboard problem that has according to some people, caused similar problems for others? Thanks in advance.

ROM
    KK 4.4.2

Default Re: Nexus 4 battery broken?

It's possible something happened to the battery when you did the screen replacement. If you did it yourself, you could try opening it again and making sure the contacts haven't wiggled loose. If you had a shop do it, I'd take it back to them and have them take a look. If everything's securely attached, then a shop may be able to test the battery for you to see if it's gone bad and needs a replacement.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Coyote View Post
    It's possible something happened to the battery when you did the screen replacement. If you did it yourself, you could try opening it again and making sure the contacts haven't wiggled loose. If you had a shop do it, I'd take it back to them and have them take a look. If everything's securely attached, then a shop may be able to test the battery for you to see if it's gone bad and needs a replacement.
    I did it myself due to the fact that I dropped the phone when I was drunk and taking it to a shop to get fixed would have costed 250€ as it only costed 60€ doing it myself. Going to open the phone and check the contacts and if there's any visible flaws on the battery. Any ways to test the battery myself by connecting it to another smartphone perhaps?

ROM
    KK 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Kolli63 View Post
    I did it myself due to the fact that I dropped the phone when I was drunk and taking it to a shop to get fixed would have costed 250€ as it only costed 60€ doing it myself. Going to open the phone and check the contacts and if there's any visible flaws on the battery. Any ways to test the battery myself by connecting it to another smartphone perhaps?
    I'm sure there's some equipment that could do it, but I suspect the battery is specific to the Nexus 4 so I'm not sure if you could hook it up to another phone (unless that phone was also a Nexus 4). I'm not a big phone hardware do-it-yourselfer, but maybe someone else on the forum who is could give you some ideas on where to find testing equipment for cheap.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Nexus 4 battery broken?-544103_10202075484585212_2134425666_n.jpg
    Opened the back today after the other side of it simply popped out. I reckon I found the problem as well...