1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Intermitent play store downloads

Hi all, I've been having a few issues with downloads and and updates with the play store since updating to 4.4. With apps larger then 1Mb my downloads just pause for a bit then continue and repeats. The times vary but it can pause for a few seconds or 1-2 minutes at a time, they can do it at the beginning of the download, at the end or throughout. It's really frustrating because 4MB which should take a few moments takes 5-6 minutes instead. All the time I don't lose my network connection and it happens on Wi-Fi too.

Anyone had the same issue or know a fix? Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

ROM
    KK 4.4.2

Default Re: Intermitent play store downloads

First question is, did you force the 4.4 update by clearing Google Service Framework data? If you did, that's been known to cause a variety of issues with Google Play. Try logging out of your Google account and logging back in, sometimes that fixes it.

If not, I assume you've tried rebooting? Is it only Google Play that does this? Does it happen everywhere or only in certain locations?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the reply. No I didn't force it, but I haven't logged out so I'll try that too. No it also happens with downloads from Google chrome including the beta version and it happens everywhere.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Signing out didn't work, I also cleared play store cache and data, as well as force stopping it and disabling it, with no change.

ROM
    KK 4.4.2

Do you have any VPN or proxies set up on your phone that may be causing issues with downloading? You could also try clearing the data and cache on the Download Manager app.
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Oh yer of course, I totally forgot to check that, I'm running mobiwol firewall app for non root devices. It creates a vpn profile that diverts traffic through that before connecting the to internet so it can stop apps connecting and sending data without my permission. Turns out it's that, once it's turned off downloads work correctly.

Thanks for mentioning it otherwise I'd of never remembered about it. I've sent them an email hopefully they find a fix.

Thanks again.