What has changed in the 4.4.2 Update?

Jacob29

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I also posted this in the general KitKat area.

But I thought I would also post it here as well as my phone is the Nexus 4.

Anyone has any idea what this change actually is?

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't know the update package is small, less than 2mb, but there are lots of apps that gets patched just like the previous one. The dialer framework gets patched too.

Last edited:

dobiegillis

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm hesitant to update given my disappointment with 4.4.1. Anyone know of a change log?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

frenziedfemale

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't know the update package is small, less than 2mb, but there are lots of apps that gets patched just like the previous one. The dialer framework gets patched too.

Not enough to warant me to switch back to stock to try it out. But if you want to sideload it, here it is. This is to update from version 4.4.1 to 4.4.2:

http://android.clients.google.com/p....signed-occam-KOT49H-from-KOT49E.0ec632f5.zip

sent via tapatalk

I never updated to 4.4.1 so straight to 4.4.2 was 52 MB on my side

sduda210

May 3, 2012
Visit site
I side loaded and now Bluetooth keeps malfunctioning. I listen to podcasts in my car and the phone (or car) will disconnect about every ten minutes. What's strange is that the phone will usually stop playing whenever the connection is lost. Now it continues playing thru my phone speaker. I am unable to restart Bluetooth without restarting my phone. This leads me to believe something is wrong with the update.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Waterdroid

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
My update arrived in the early hours in the UK.

Yes, I got the update from 4.4 (KRT16S) to 4.4.2 (KOT49H) this morning. Thank god the bars in the lockscreen are finally transparant, for some reason I was extremely annoyed by this.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

anon(301129)

May 1, 2011
www.romamexico.com
I just got the OTA tonight and can not really see any difference on the 4.4.2 from 4.4 other than a small fix on the camera. Before when you tried to change the white balance, you had to chase the button by holding down the selection. This seems to have been fixed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol