1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone won't turn on, white LED blinking

Hello everyone,

I have a strange problem with my Nexus 4 (which is only 2 weeks old).
    To begin, yesterday, I shut off my phone, pulled out my SIM card and put it in another phone (a dumb phone). When I came back, I placed the SIM card back, everything worked (I even checked 9Gag for a while and I could receive phone calls). When I woke up this morning, the screen of my phone didn't turn on, and I also see a flashing white LED. I thought the screen just wouldn't turn on, so I used our home phone to call my cell phone, but I got my voicemail. Has anyone of you had this before? What is better, go for warranty or waint until the battery is empty?

Kind regards,
    Duco

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Phone won't turn on, white LED blinking

Are you sure the battery isn't low? I would try placing it on the charger for several hours.

g2
    Live long and prosper.

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    Are you sure the battery isn't low? I would try placing it on the charger for several hours.

g2
    Thanks for your reply, I'll try that, although my phone has been charging all night.

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Okay. Try holding the power button for 10-20 seconds too and see if that brings it out of its coma.
    Live long and prosper.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    Okay. Try holding the power button for 10-20 seconds too and see if that brings it out of its coma.
    Oh well, I feel stupid. After holding the power button for about 30 seconds, the LED turned red, and I could see a battery on the screen. The phone turned on, and was charged for 89%. Very strange, but everything works again, thanks. Hope this will help someone someday.

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Great, I'm glad that worked.
    Live long and prosper.

Yeah, I have this problem too and it's reoccurring. This is becoming an increasingly larger issue for me as this has happened several times now, though with no regularity. I tend to find it like this though like you after letting it charge all night. I really need some help here as this is starting to make me regret not waiting for the Nexus 5, as my roommate has one of those and does not have this issue.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Prockzed View Post
    Yeah, I have this problem too and it's reoccurring. This is becoming an increasingly larger issue for me as this has happened several times now, though with no regularity. I tend to find it like this though like you after letting it charge all night. I really need some help here as this is starting to make me regret not waiting for the Nexus 5, as my roommate has one of those and does not have this issue.
    I also had this problem again this morning, after charging my phone for a whole night. Like before, keeping the power button pressed solved my problem. I shouldn't charge my phone overnight, I guess...

That might keep it from happening some now, but that's no real solution. A phone this high end and expensive shouldn't have such a ridiculous issue. With how many people I'm seeing with it, and so many saying it continues after factory resets and even replacement phones, this must be an issue with the N4 itself, or the OS. Google needs to at least respond and say they're working on it if nothing else.