Dialer in Landscape mode [android 4.4.2]

Florin Alexiuc

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi
I using my Nexus 4 when I am driving in landscape mode using Screen Rotation Control apk from google.play and after update to Kit Kat the dialer orientation in 4.4 it's not the same like in 4.3
I make a screenshot
Android 4.4
44.png
and when I receive a incoming call
Screenshot_2013-12-14-12-20-49[1].png
And Android 4.3
43.png
Is there a way to go back to the old dialer from 4.3??
Thank you for support :)

Last edited:

Florin Alexiuc

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
You can probably find a downgraded version of the Dialer apk somewhere on the internet.

In version 4.4 the dialer.apk becoming googledialer.apk and I don't t know if its work just to replace them
I studying them and I find in dialer.apk from 4.3 a folder with the name "layout-land" and this folder is for landscape orientation, in googledialer.apk this folder is missing.
it's possible to put this folder layout-land in googledialer.apk ? I tried but no success :(

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
In version 4.4 the dialer.apk becoming googledialer.apk and I don't t know if its work just to replace them
I studying them and I find in dialer.apk from 4.3 a folder with the name "layout-land" and this folder is for landscape orientation, in googledialer.apk this folder is missing.
it's possible to put this folder layout-land in googledialer.apk ? I tried but no success :(
I'm looking for landscape dialer support too, please let me know if you find a solution. It's annoying the stock dialer doesn't support both modes as it'd probably make more sense.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

jjwatmyself

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Very nice write up. I agree completely with the evaluation and this is the first thing I look for when testing a rom too. Google take steps backwards and then forwards. I believe there is an official bug report portal. Also it is worth noting that dialer and in-call UI are not the same code if I remember correctly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance