Nexus 4 crashing....

1210saad

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Ok seriously I'm getting sick of it. Every day my nexus 4 crashes for no reason. It started happening after the KitKat update. So I deleted all my apps and widgets and still happened. Last week I factory reset my phone and guess what just over 2 minutes ago my phone crashed again. Its really making me mad. My dad warned me when I was buying my nexus 4 that android has lots of problems compare to iOS.

I am with virgin mobile if that helps.

If anyone can maybe suggest me something it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
The update might not have gone well. The OTA update causes lots of issues it seems. You should look into doing a full wipe and flashing the latest factory 4.4.2 image using this guide:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ne...3923-guide-nexus-4-factory-image-restore.html

I actually found 4.4 to be more stable, it lacks some security updates, but you could use that temporarily until Google sort things out as well. Don't let this early experience ruin Android for you. Being on Virgin Mobile shouldn't make a difference.

1210saad

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
The update might not have gone well. The OTA update causes lots of issues it seems. You should look into doing a full wipe and flashing the latest factory 4.4.2 image using this guide:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ne...3923-guide-nexus-4-factory-image-restore.html

I actually found 4.4 to be more stable, it lacks some security updates, but you could use that temporarily until Google sort things out as well. Don't let this early experience ruin Android for you. Being on Virgin Mobile shouldn't make a difference.

It crashed on 4.4 as well. I'll try flashing thanks.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It crashed on 4.4 as well. I'll try flashing thanks.

Did you notice the crashing after a particular application install? Or possibly an action you did when using the device? I agree with someguy01234, try flashing 4.4 and use that until you feel the updated versions would be more stable for you.

PhoenixMike

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
As stated above, it sounds like the OTA did not install correctly. I had this same exact issue. Reflash the stock image and it should be fine.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

1210saad

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
As stated above, it sounds like the OTA did not install correctly. I had this same exact issue. Reflash the stock image and it should be fine.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

How do I do that? Im new to android.

Sent from my Venue 7 3730 using Tapatalk

charlee08

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
The camera app and Snapchat both cause my phone to restart.

Not every time, but it does every now and again.

Posted via Android Central App

sckoobs

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Ditto, it's immensely frustrating and it seems to happen like clockwork, once a day every day. I really hope Google sort this out, or that I can hold out until the 29th for the Nexus 5X announcement.