Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Default nexus 4 stolen

hi guys,

could do with some help if possible,

my son has had his phone stolen today from school and i was attempting to track the phone on googles website, problem i have is my son can not remember his account details at all so i can not get into google to track the phone,

i have all the details for the phone. imei number, sku, and serial, do you guys know of anyway i can track this phone or do anything to find out who has the phone.

i will block the phone so it can never be used again if needed but would prefer to find the person that stole it.

thanks for any help.

ROM
    Lollipop 5.0

Default Re: nexus 4 stolen

Two things to try:

1. Try to recover your son's Google account information through the web so you can track it or block it online using Google's own tools.
    2. Contact the carrier and report the phone stolen, they might be able to block it using the information you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Coyote View Post
    Two things to try:

1. Try to recover your son's Google account information through the web so you can track it or block it online using Google's own tools.
    2. Contact the carrier and report the phone stolen, they might be able to block it using the information you have.
    It may also be worth contacting the police. At this point, they have a lot of experience dealing with stolen phones.

Pretty much all the available options has been mentioned. But in the future I would recommend installing Cerberus. It's much more powerful than Google Android Device Manager.