Saved files getting deleted.

sonicresidue

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Stock Nexus 4 on KitKat 4.4.2. However the problem has been occurring since before the update.

I keep a few files saved on my phone under "downloads" including a spreadsheet with a work schedule that I refer to regularly. However, the file often gets deleted for no apparent reason. Sometimes it happens within a few days of saving the file, sometimes after a few weeks. I'm not sure what's causing this but it is always the same file. It will be listed under the downloads section, but when I go to open it I get an error message saying the file can't be found.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried moving the files out of downloads and save to another directory/folder, i.e. work?

I'm not sure why these files are being deleted. Could you be sync'ing the files to a computer and deleting the original on your phone after transferring?

sonicresidue

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I'll try setting up another folder and see what happens. The last time it occurred, it happened after I deleted the email to which it was originally attached, but not immediately. I cannot recall if this was the case in other instances. And, if that IS the reason, I'm really not sure why that would happen. It's rather annoying.

sonicresidue

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Bumping this even though its a bit old.

I set up a separate directory and copied the same file from the downloads directory in to the new directory. Even after moving the file into a separate directory its still got deleted. I open the file, attempted to edit it, then attempted to save and got an error message saying that my changes could not be safe. When I went back an attempted to re open the file I got a message saying that it was unable to do so.

Any ideas as to why the phone seems to randomly delete Quickoffice files?

sonicresidue

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Bump... It seems to happen only after I try and edit the file. It also only seems to happen with Excel spreadsheets

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma