- 1 Posts
Google Nexus 4 - No Notifications Over Data
Ever since updating to Kit Kat I have not been receiving notifications over my data. As soon as I pull into my driveway and my phone connects to the home WIFI I have email, Facebook sports, etc. notification all coming in at once. Does anyone know what may be causing this?
I have also been having some problems with the maps, half the time when I am using the navigation it will say the street names and the other half just "Turn Left".
- 12-27-2013, 09:07 AM #2
- 12-27-2013, 10:07 AM #3
- 361 Posts
Re: Google Nexus 4 - No Notifications Over Data
Ah so thats whats going on. I did a factory backup-reset-reboot this week @ my sisters using her wifi. Most of my apps restored but some where missing so i used play to manually re install but they wouldnt install for some reason using her wifi network or my data. Once i got home last night i turned off my phone overnight and when i turned it on this morning it began installing all the apps it wouldnt install before using my network connection. When i got to work i got on the office wifi and its still installing um as i type.
So far, since 4.4.2 ive had reductions in reception, data speed and battery. Since the factory reset it seems as if the phones performing better but this app install thing is really bizzaro. I wonder since google optimized 4.4.2 for simpler devices those of us with more complex devices are suffering. Or maybe the google servers got hit real hard this week with so many people buying new apps, renting movies and activating new devices that it couldnt meet the demand.The "infraction"
- By DayThyme in forum VerizonReplies: 18Last Post: 01-25-2014, 12:43 PM
- By Eric Mccuaig in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 35Last Post: 01-24-2014, 10:20 AM
- By preppystud in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 12Last Post: 12-26-2013, 05:00 PM
- By ragamuffindianne in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 12-24-2013, 03:19 PM
- By rxgadget in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 1Last Post: 12-24-2013, 08:07 AM