Whatsapp image picker suddenly changed?

Waterdroid

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I've been using Whatsapp for quite some time now, but just now, when I wanted to share a picture, I noticed that the image picker (I don't know what it's called) had changed. I know I've used the Gallery app as default image picker about 4 hours ago to share a picture, so something must've changed. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware gave me nothing, and neither did AVG Antivirus. I reinstalled Whatsapp too but no results so far. I can, however, select either the Gallery or the new Photos from Google when I tap the 3 dots in the upper right corner
Below you can find the list of apps I have and a screenshot of the image picker.

9GAG
AC Forums
AWD - IDE, Code Editor For Web
AirPush Detector
Android Central
Animated Photo Frame Widget
AntiVirus
AppOps 4.3/4.4
Apparaatbeheer
BusyBox Free
Dropbox
ES File Explorer
Evernote
Google Now Swipe Disabler
Headset Button Controller Trial
Helium
List My Apps
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Meme Generator Free
Nova Launcher
Opstartprogramma (This is the GEL Launcher)
Percentage weergave (KitKat 4.4 tweak to show battery percentage)
Quick Boot
Root Checker Basic
Snapchat
Snapseed
Sonos
Speedtest
Spotify
SwissArmyKnife
Titanium Backup
Translate
Twitter
UCCW
WhatsApp
WinZip
Zedge
Zooper Widget Free
aLogcat
eBay

Is anyone familiar with this picker and can that person tell me what is causing it, or does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance, and I'm sorry if I'm not clear but my English vocabulary is very basic and I'm pretty new with this stuff.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-26-22-12-57.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-26-22-12-57.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 10

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Didn't pay much attention before, but yeah, it changed since a few versions ago. Since I'm on a Note 3 and I HAVE seen that 'gallery' version before, I always assumed it was the stock gallery picker from Android 4.3 and Whatsapp was simply calling that app instead of my TouchWiz gallery, but yeah, that's the same 'picker' I'm seeing. Not a virus, just something that must have have changed in Whatsapp. They've been 'screwing things up' lately, really... Image previews, for instance; I was able to see a clear thumbnail of whatever new meme my friends were sending and then decide if it was worth spending time and KB of mobile data downloading the full image or not but now you only see a blurred-out preview with a huge download arrow sprawled smack in the middle.

Waterdroid

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Aha, thanks for clearing that out. It just looks so simple and it really doesn't fit in Whatsapp's theme, so I didn't think of it being part of Whatsapp.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app