1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Whatsapp image picker suddenly changed?

Hello,

I've been using Whatsapp for quite some time now, but just now, when I wanted to share a picture, I noticed that the image picker (I don't know what it's called) had changed. I know I've used the Gallery app as default image picker about 4 hours ago to share a picture, so something must've changed. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware gave me nothing, and neither did AVG Antivirus. I reinstalled Whatsapp too but no results so far. I can, however, select either the Gallery or the new Photos from Google when I tap the 3 dots in the upper right corner
    Below you can find the list of apps I have and a screenshot of the image picker.

9GAG
    AC Forums
    AWD - IDE, Code Editor For Web
    AirPush Detector
    Android Central
    Animated Photo Frame Widget
    AntiVirus
    AppOps 4.3/4.4
    Apparaatbeheer
    BusyBox Free
    Dropbox
    ES File Explorer
    Evernote
    Google Now Swipe Disabler
    Headset Button Controller Trial
    Helium
    List My Apps
    Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
    Meme Generator Free
    Nova Launcher
    Opstartprogramma (This is the GEL Launcher)
    Percentage weergave (KitKat 4.4 tweak to show battery percentage)
    Quick Boot
    Root Checker Basic
    Snapchat
    Snapseed
    Sonos
    Speedtest
    Spotify
    SwissArmyKnife
    Titanium Backup
    Translate
    Twitter
    UCCW
    WhatsApp
    WinZip
    Zedge
    Zooper Widget Free
    aLogcat
    eBay

Is anyone familiar with this picker and can that person tell me what is causing it, or does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance, and I'm sorry if I'm not clear but my English vocabulary is very basic and I'm pretty new with this stuff.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Whatsapp image picker suddenly changed?-screenshot_2013-12-26-22-12-57.png  

Default Re: Whatsapp image picker suddenly changed?

Didn't pay much attention before, but yeah, it changed since a few versions ago. Since I'm on a Note 3 and I HAVE seen that 'gallery' version before, I always assumed it was the stock gallery picker from Android 4.3 and Whatsapp was simply calling that app instead of my TouchWiz gallery, but yeah, that's the same 'picker' I'm seeing. Not a virus, just something that must have have changed in Whatsapp. They've been 'screwing things up' lately, really... Image previews, for instance; I was able to see a clear thumbnail of whatever new meme my friends were sending and then decide if it was worth spending time and KB of mobile data downloading the full image or not but now you only see a blurred-out preview with a huge download arrow sprawled smack in the middle.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Whatsapp image picker suddenly changed?

Aha, thanks for clearing that out. It just looks so simple and it really doesn't fit in Whatsapp's theme, so I didn't think of it being part of Whatsapp.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app