1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 4 GPS problem

Hey! Recently my gps has just stopped working, Foursquare, Maps or gps toolkit thingy doesn't work ie. it doesn't find my location. I upgraded to 4.4.2 a week or so ago and I've also used a blowdryer on the phone when I had to apply new sticker on the screen. These are the two things that I've done on the phone since the problem started. I mentioned the blowdrying because I think the gps chip is located in the bottom part of the phone and I used the blowdryer especially on that area due to the old glue so I was wondering if it could have something to do with it. Hopefully someone has an idea what's wrong. (I googled and didn't find anyone who had this massive problems with gps due to Kitkat).

Edit: I noticed that the phone wasn't on the best locating mode so I enabled it but now it is just inaccurate, trying to check in at home and it says it's 6,3km away even though I'm in fact at home.

Default Re: Nexus 4 GPS problem

I am also having a similar issue. It keeps saying "GPS signal lost" every few minutes or so and is constantly unreliable on the go. When I checked, the signal was always had a bar or so leading me to believe that it isn't a connection issue. Does anyone have a solution?

Default Re: Nexus 4 GPS problem

Enable everything under Location Access, also get and see that you're actually getting satellites. Your location is probably off because it's taking location information from the cell tower or your WiFi, though 6km is a huge margin...

Bottom line: GPS needs to triangulate your position, which means you should move around a bit for it get a heading (try getting a fix while in a car); make sure you're getting satellite bounce and enable everything under Location Access.