1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ATT HSPA+ help

So I have had a nexus 4 on att for a good few months now and i recently changed to a mobile share plan with the other members on the account and now actually have more data per month than before. I am not getting the proper hspa+ speeds that I should be getting. I have tried chatting with customer support but i feel like i am hitting a brick wall. any suggestions on how to get that? I have read its a combonation of apn settings and getting the plan provisioned for 4g data but these reps refuse to accept that as an option at all! any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Default Re: ATT HSPA+ help

What speeds are you getting? I'm curious.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Speed test doesn't even show me getting 1 Mbps.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Take a look at this write up on apn settings: http://m.androidcentral.com/how-setu...n-your-nexus-4

It's says that no extra apn settings are necessary for AT&T and T-Mobile. Nonetheless, see if it's of help to you.

Another though is that it could be a network issue. How are speeds elsewhere?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

tried this method: finally got through with customer service, seems to have fixed the issue, hopefully.

I was having this problem ever since I bought my Nexus 4 in the beginning of this year. Finally, after updating to Android 4.3, my data speed jumped from 1 Mbps max to 8 Mbps max. Unfortunately, the upgrade had the side effect of cutting my wifi speed in half. You just can't win! I am on AT&T Straight Talk.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by pjc123 View Post
    I was having this problem ever since I bought my Nexus 4 in the beginning of this year. Finally, after updating to Android 4.3, my data speed jumped from 1 Mbps max to 8 Mbps max. Unfortunately, the upgrade had the side effect of cutting my wifi speed in half. You just can't win! I am on AT&T Straight Talk.
    Yeah at certainly has a strange way of handling unlocked GSM smartphones that are not att specific devices. It's absurd how hard that was to get it working properly. It took me 4 technical support reps to settle this.

Posted via Android Central App