1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Rooted Nexus 4, now it may be bricked?

Ran an Android Toolkit to Root my phone. Followed the steps, seemed easy enough. Managed to get it all done and my phone was a whole new world for me to enjoy. However, one day it randomly tried shut itself off then restarted on its own but would not get past that pretty little screen with the glowing X on it. Trying to hard reset by holding the Vol Down button and Power does not work. It will bring up the Android character but says, "Downloading...Do not turn off target". It does not give me the option of scrolling to recovery mode.

Can anyone help me out with this or is my phone just bricked at this point??

Default Re: Rooted Nexus 4, now it may be bricked?

You can give this a try:

ROM
    LiquidSmooth

Quote Originally Posted by Mdixon13 View Post
    Ran an Android Toolkit to Root my phone. Followed the steps, seemed easy enough. Managed to get it all done and my phone was a whole new world for me to enjoy. However, one day it randomly tried shut itself off then restarted on its own but would not get past that pretty little screen with the glowing X on it. Trying to hard reset by holding the Vol Down button and Power does not work. It will bring up the Android character but says, "Downloading...Do not turn off target". It does not give me the option of scrolling to recovery mode.

Can anyone help me out with this or is my phone just bricked at this point??
    Make sure the phone is not plugged in when trying to get into fastboot. Sometimes the phone thinks you are trying to get into download mode.

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

It's almost impossible to brick a Nexus. Try the suggestions above and see if that gets you up and running again.