- 1 Posts
Nexus 4 Won't Connect to Computer via USB
Have not had to connect my phone for a while, but came across the need the other day as I wish to flash an Ubuntu rom to my phone. Unfortunately my phone will not connect, I have tried win7 and kubuntu13.1
Can't even find it in device manager......
Installed Android SDK Manager
Downloaded Google Drivers
Phone will charge when connected that is it (have tried changing mtp and ptp, usb debugging is on)
Come to find out this is a problem many are experiencing after the update (with no solutions). I can't seem to find a way to rollback to the previous release without flashing the rom via usb.
(Factory Reset just wipes the phone version is still 4.4.2)
I thought perhaps I could use airdroid to drop the rom on the phone however I still have the issue that the phone's bootloader is locked and the phone has not been rooted. Is there any way to do this over the wifi? I've been trying wireless adb but it seems all of the apps still need an initial connection to the computer via usb and root access.
Does anyone have any solution to connecting my phone? If there is any way at all to just get this thing recognized I can continue fiddling from there but I'm all out of ideas.
Thanks for any and all help
- 01-03-2014, 05:27 PM #2
- 1,179 Posts
- By Techo in forum Moto XReplies: 8Last Post: 01-27-2014, 01:02 PM
- By Vicki Liz in forum Other ZTE Android PhonesReplies: 1Last Post: 01-17-2014, 01:28 PM
- By hsk1610 in forum AT&T Samsung InfuseReplies: 2Last Post: 01-07-2014, 11:22 PM
- By darth android in forum Google Nexus 7 (2013) Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 01-03-2014, 02:42 PM
- By Abhinav Subramanian in forum AT&T Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 01-03-2014, 01:59 PM