Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Help With Gmail App

    Hi. So I when I first got this phone and set up my gmail it pushed to my phone and I got a notification in the corner perfectly l, now it doesn't work I have to go into the app and refresh for me to get email any idea how to get it to work.

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    2,726 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,731 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

    Default Re: Help With Gmail App

    Quote Originally Posted by TheTeapot35 View Post
    Hi. So I when I first got this phone and set up my gmail it pushed to my phone and I got a notification in the corner perfectly l, now it doesn't work I have to go into the app and refresh for me to get email any idea how to get it to work.

    Posted via Android Central App
    You have to change the sync settings on your phone.
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

    "If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

    "The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Help With Gmail App

    Which ones, more info would be nice.

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. #4  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    2,726 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,731 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

    Default Re: Help With Gmail App

    Quote Originally Posted by TheTeapot35 View Post
    Which ones, more info would be nice.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Go to the gmail app. Tap on the top right to get into the settings. Click on your email. Check to see if notifications is checked.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TheTeapot35 View Post
    Which ones, more info would be nice.

    Posted via Android Central App
    You can also check the sync settings for gmail on your phone's settings.
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

    "If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

    "The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Help With Gmail App

    Try this:

    Go to "Settings > Sync (Or Accounts & Sync)" Make sure "G-Mail" is on.
    Feel free to reply!
    ---------------
    HTC = High Tech Cats
    Thanked by:
  6. #6  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    2,726 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,731 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

    Default Re: Help With Gmail App

    Quote Originally Posted by RedNations View Post
    Try this:

    Go to "Settings > Sync (Or Accounts & Sync)" Make sure "G-Mail" is on.
    Exactly what I was telling the dude up top hehe. Thanks.
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

    "If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

    "The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Help With Gmail App

    Hello, thanks for the help but all that was already checked still doesn't work.

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. #8  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    2,726 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,731 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

    Default Re: Help With Gmail App

    Quote Originally Posted by TheTeapot35 View Post
    Hello, thanks for the help but all that was already checked still doesn't work.

    Posted via Android Central App
    You checked the sync settings on your phone and in the gmail app?
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

    "If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

    "The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Help With Gmail App

    Yes

    Posted via Android Central App
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Help With Gmail App

    You didn't ask for this....but, is use the K-9 app as it lets me IMAP unlimited email accounts into one icon (but, I can either group the incoming emails as one or seperate email addresses). So, then I turn off the Gmail notifications and it works flawlessly for me.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  11. #11  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    2,726 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,731 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

    Default Re: Help With Gmail App

    Quote Originally Posted by vegastriguy View Post
    You didn't ask for this....but, is use the K-9 app as it lets me IMAP unlimited email accounts into one icon (but, I can either group the incoming emails as one or seperate email addresses). So, then I turn off the Gmail notifications and it works flawlessly for me.
    He can also try aquamail as well.

    Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

    "If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

    "The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix

Similar Threads

  1. Help (Yellow Triangle)
    By flyinb501 in forum Epic 4G Touch Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-06-2014, 09:38 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-05-2014, 06:57 PM
  3. 4.2 ME7 stuck in download screen, i may know the problem though, help?
    By Yoshi323 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & Hacks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2014, 03:27 PM
  4. Ringtone Help
    By Clare Willis in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-05-2014, 01:57 PM
  5. Apps
    By nascarrace2323 in forum AT&T LG G2
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-05-2014, 01:43 PM

Posting Permissions

B