Google Nexus 4 - Alarm notification

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I use the alarm to wake me up on Saturday mornings. There's always a notification icon of the alarm on the notification bar. This has been present since I set the alarm, over a year ago. Yesterday, the alarm icon on the notification bar has been blinking on and off and will finally go off. I have been in the alarm settings and everything looks fine, my alarm time and status is unaffected. And sometimes when I go into the alarm app it will re-trigger the alarm icon, but several hours later it will blink off again. It's just strange how it blinks off. It stutters on and off kinda like a dying light bulb does. Anybody else experience this?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried a reboot of the device? I've not seen this issue before a don't know what it could be. Also might want to clear the cache in Settings - Applications - All (alarm) and see if that helps.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I've rebooted several times, each time the icon appears but disappears once I close the screen and open it back up again. I'll try the clear cache thing. Thanks for the advice.

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately this didn't solve the problem. Error! Well, my alarm is set for early Am every Saturday, so instead of waiting for Saturday to see if my alarm will wake me for work, I've set another alarm to test it. I guess if the alarm still works, I'll just get used to not seeing the icon. Oh well. Oh, btw, the alarm is the stock alarm that came pre-installed.

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Well, the alarm functions still seem to work. It's just that the blinking alarm icon is annoying as hell. I went and purchased the Nexus 7 and set an alarm on it. The icon remains at all times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith