Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 4 battery problem

Hello everybody! I've bought my Nexus 4 2 weeks ago, and i was totally satisfied until this Monday. I was using it for 12 days without a sim card, i charged it every second/third day, and i was playing on it, using chrome, YouTube, music apps, so the battery seemed okay. But I put my sim card in the Nexus on Monday evening, I fully charged it and then just put it away at about 11 PM. Next morning I listened to music for 45 minutes and then at 10 am it said that the battery was low and it soon turned off. It did the same today. I've checked battery information, Google services and Google + took away 44% in 10 hours what i don't understand. Please help me guys, what should I do? Thank you in advance

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    9,082 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Nexus 4 battery problem

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie Banyai View Post
    Hello everybody! I've bought my Nexus 4 2 weeks ago, and i was totally satisfied until this Monday. I was using it for 12 days without a sim card, i charged it every second/third day, and i was playing on it, using chrome, YouTube, music apps, so the battery seemed okay. But I put my sim card in the Nexus on Monday evening, I fully charged it and then just put it away at about 11 PM. Next morning I listened to music for 45 minutes and then at 10 am it said that the battery was low and it soon turned off. It did the same today. I've checked battery information, Google services and Google + took away 44% in 10 hours what i don't understand. Please help me guys, what should I do? Thank you in advance

In 10-hours your battery dropped by 44%? If that's the case, I'd say there's nothing really wrong with that in terms of the Nexus 4 with an active data mobile data connection. Keep in mind that the device pulls more battery while connected to a mobile data connection or mobile network than it would being connected to WiFi. So it's not surprising that you are seeing worse battery life than you did while being connected strictly to WiFi with no mobile service.

At this rate you are going you would expect to see at about 20-hours of battery life. This of course would also depend on your screen on time, how high the screen display is set among other variables such as syncing, streaming music or video, etc.

Default Re: Nexus 4 battery problem

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie Banyai View Post

Yeah, welcome to the world of Nexus 4. Good phone though. I find the best way to preserve battery life is by killing mobile data or if you can live with airport mode for periods during the day. Keep your screen brightness down too. I suppose it all depends on your circumstances really. I personally don't need a mobile data connection whirring away in the background all of the time. If your near wifi most of the day just kill mobile data. You'll save battery life. GPS, Bluetooth too can also pull it down. So be vigilant about these background processes..

Alanandroid

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk