I have been wanting a Pebble for a while. Since the new steel models were announced I figured I could find one of the plastic models on ebay for cheaper. I did, I managed to find a new, sealed box black model for $99 and free shipping. Pretty darn good deal IMO.

So my question is does anyone out there have this combo? Nexus 4 (running Kitkat 4.4.2) and a Pebble? If so does it work well? I have done some research and have found a few people claiming they were using the two together without issue.
    One concern I had is running bluetooth all day (and how it will affect battery), because as of right now on my Nexus 4 I only use BT when I need it, then turn it off.

Anyways just trying to get some input. Looking forward to receiving my new toy!
    01-08-2014 02:00 PM
    Personally the connection and such, the experience with the app is flawless.

However, I have noticed it takes an extra 5-10% per day for bluetooth on average to run it an entire day without bluetooth breaks.
    Illustrator Joe likes this.
    01-08-2014 06:07 PM
    Personally the connection and such, the experience with the app is flawless.

However, I have noticed it takes an extra 5-10% per day for bluetooth on average to run it an entire day without bluetooth breaks.
    IMO 5 to 10 is no biggie. Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

ಠ益ಠ
    01-08-2014 06:44 PM
    the experience with the app is flawless.
    01-08-2014 07:59 PM
    Love the combo. Works w/o problem. Buy a Pebble you won't regret it.
    01-13-2014 09:54 AM
    Love the combo. Works w/o problem. Buy a Pebble you won't regret it.
    I did! I am just waiting on FedEx. Should be here tomorrow. I am excite!

ಠ益ಠ
    01-13-2014 08:04 PM
    I am on android 4.4 rather than 4.4.2 but...

On the whole, I find it works really well. That being said, occasionally if I go out of range of my phone and bluetooth disconnects from the pebble and then I go back in range, it does not automatically reconnect. Sometimes to force a reconnect, all I need to do is turn the phone's screen on. Sometime I actually need to fiddle with the pebble app on the phone. YMMV. And of course once the 2.0 firmware comes out in a couple weeks, all bets are off.

And I have not noticed any particular battery hit on the phone since I got the watch.
    01-18-2014 03:16 PM
    I am on android 4.4 rather than 4.4.2 but...

On the whole, I find it works really well. That being said, occasionally if I go out of range of my phone and bluetooth disconnects from the pebble and then I go back in range, it does not automatically reconnect. Sometimes to force a reconnect, all I need to do is turn the phone's screen on. Sometime I actually need to fiddle with the pebble app on the phone. YMMV. And of course once the 2.0 firmware comes out in a couple weeks, all bets are off.

And I have not noticed any particular battery hit on the phone since I got the watch.
    Really mine connects and reconnects no problem. I am been using Pebble Locker and love it.

ಠ益ಠ
    01-23-2014 07:54 PM
    Yeah, pebble locker is awesome, I completely stopped using nfc since I got the pebble...

[edit]: Oh and fyi, here's a thread on the issue. Some people have no problems, some have lots, some (like me) are in between...

http://forums.getpebble.com/discussi...r-out-of-range
    01-24-2014 10:44 AM
    Yeah, pebble locker is awesome, I completely stopped using nfc since I got the pebble...

[edit]: Oh and fyi, here's a thread on the issue. Some people have no problems, some have lots, some (like me) are in between...

http://forums.getpebble.com/discussi...r-out-of-range
    Well that sucks. Hopefully they can get it figured out in an update or 2.

ಠ益ಠ
    01-24-2014 03:34 PM
    Works awesome for me. I find u actually save battery cause ur not turning the screen on all the time to check ur notifications.

sent from my nexus 4........while on the can.
    01-25-2014 02:05 PM
    Love mine! Never had a problem. Communicates perfectly. Can't wait for new Pebble app store

Posted via Android Central App
    01-26-2014 08:37 PM