Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Email Exchange app

Trying to set up my email exchange. Have a non gmail account now for work. But when I try to sign in on the app it says "Couldn't open connection to server." So I have no idea how to set up my account on the app.

Default Re: Email Exchange app

Your post is very vague. It sounds like you have not put in the credentials correctly. Ask your IT person for the server name, user name, and your password if you need. You also need to know if it's an exchange account, POP, IMAP, etc. There are MANY variables that could cause "Couldn't open connection to server" error.

Global Posts
    1,162 Global Posts
    ROM
    Purity with Hells-Core

A Gmail account is not required for Exchange to work, you use the Email app and add a corporate account... I would agree with Basscase that your settings for the account are probably incorrect, remember that sometimes with Exchange the settings you use are not as straight-forward as you might imagine. I would contact your IT department and ask them for assistance.
    Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Purity ROM with hells-Core Kernel)
    Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (Snuzzo's Plain-Andy ROM)
    Current Tablet: iPad 4/Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Other phones "in the family": HTC One (M7), Moto G GPE, LG G2
    Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria/Incredible 2/Rezound/DNA, Samsung Stratosphere, SGS2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

How do I know if it is POP, IMAP, or Exchange? I have my email/username and password correct.

Posted via Android Central App

If it is a work account and you use something like outlook, its likely an exchange account.

If its an account from an internet service provider its probably pop3.

Most companies with an IT department would be using exchange and you probably need some security provisions on you phone to allow you to use it on your phone. You should probably check with IT. I need to get my account pre-approved by it in order to use it on my phone at my job. And the. I would need to encrypt my phone.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by jimrebello View Post
    If it is a work account and you use something like outlook, its likely an exchange account.

If its an account from an internet service provider its probably pop3.

Most companies with an IT department would be using exchange and you probably need some security provisions on you phone to allow you to use it on your phone. You should probably check with IT. I need to get my account pre-approved by it in order to use it on my phone at my job. And the. I would need to encrypt my phone.

Yes it is outlook. Shouldn't make it this complicated... Lol...