Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Beginners Bluetooth question nexus 4

Hi
    Sorry if this is a really basic question but I can't seem to get a straight answer. I have a nexus 4 running kitkat 4.4.2. I have just preordered a smartwatch (kreyos meteor) which states:
    Bluetooth 2.1+ EDR and 4.0 (Low Energy)

I also have a jbl flip Bluetooth speaker that states :
    Bluetooth transmitter frequency range
    2.402 - 2.48GHz
    GFSK

As the smartwatch is capable of controlling my music I wanted to know if the watch and the speaker can be paired to my nexus at the same time? Sorry for the basic question (I have had conflicting answers from friends who claim to know)

Default Re: Beginners Bluetooth question nexus 4

Yes but keep in mind that the watch will control the music on the phone and not the speaker. You will have to use the phone to change any setting with the speaker. Bluetooth Host devices(phone) can be paired and connected to multiple devices. Buetooth peripheral devices(speaker,watch) can't always connect to multiple devices but can be paired to multiple devices.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Beginners Bluetooth question nexus 4

That's cool thanks. It's not a feature I will use very often (the smartwatch is for cycling mostly) but I sometimes shuffle playlists on my phone playing through the flip and occasionally a sweary track will come on and it would be nice to quickly skip to next track if the kids are around (instead of shouting LALALALA whilst I scramble for phone or to turn speaker off!!!)