Headphones aren't working after KitKat update.

Stungun4111

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I've tried absolutely everything but can not get my earphones to work on my Nexus 4 (I'm using both regular ear buds and ones with a mic on and either works). I upgraded to KitKat 4.4.2 and it still doesn't work.

I downloaded the SoundAbout app and tried every option with it but it still doesn't. Which store can I take it to if the problem persists? Any other trouble shooting tips? PLEASE HELP! :(

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus 4 has a particularly tight "snap" at the bottom of the headphone jack. So, first question is, are you certain you are pushing the plug all the way into the jack? Do you have a case on the phone? If so, try removing the case and plugging in the headphones again - the case may be interfering with full insertion of the plug.

Next question, when the headphones are plugged in and not working, are you still getting sound from the regular speaker? Or, no sound at all - not from headphones and not from speaker?

BuffOrange

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Hey I'm having some headphones issues too.

The Google Voice thing constantly pops up & pauses my music/podcast whenever I touch the skullcandy chord or phone. Uggh, very annoying.
"Hey BuffOrange maybe try a different pair of headphones genius. Besides Skullcandys suck".
Fair enough - the apple buds seem to have no such problems but I sorta hate them otherwise.
So I'd like to get a decent Sennheiser pair but...am I just rolling the dice on whether or not they'll work or can this be fixed somehow (disable google now?).

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Cheap headphones with bad wiring around the buttons. When you wiggle the cord, wires short out leading the phone to think you are trying to initiate a phone call.

BuffOrange

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Cheap headphones with bad wiring around the buttons. When you wiggle the cord, wires short out leading the phone to think you are trying to initiate a phone call.

Ya that's what I figured after some more in-depth research. Thanks.
Skullcandy must really suck...didn't even have that problem with the $5 JVC's.
Ordered a couple decent pair finally (Klipsche & AudioTech).

Stungun4111

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. When i plug in the earphones i actually CAN hear from the earphones but i can not speak into it, so my mic isn't working.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Ya that's what I figured after some more in-depth research. Thanks.
Skullcandy must really suck...didn't even have that problem with the $5 JVC's.
Ordered a couple decent pair finally (Klipsche & AudioTech).

Skull candies do not suck. My headphones have no issues with KitKat and I have had my skull candies for a year

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz