CM11 - Very fast battery drain.

Jamie DS

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi. Once you install custom roms you need to re-calibrate your battery. For example it may tell you it is fully charged but has only charged to 50%. There are plenty apps on the playstore which can do the job. I prefer https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=com.nema.batterycalibration&token=19K2IMgA. I had the same battery drain problem on CM 11 and this worked. But if you have overclocked to the max it wont be much of a boost.

Hordiyevych

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Recalibrating didn't help me when I had battery drain. I regularly switch ROMs and you never have to do recalibration. What I found was my problem, was that sync was always on. Go to sync settings and try and reset it somehow, forgotten exactly how.

Posted via Android Central App

mranderson17

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
For me using privacy guard to limit Google Play Services from keeping the device awake and also waking up the device worked. After a reboot the device would go to sleep normally. I did try re-flashing gapps but it didn't seem to help. This problem appeared completely out of no where after using CM11 without issue for weeks even after rebooting the phone. It just suddenly wouldn't go to sleep one day while I was at work.

I am on the following version:
11-20140608-SNAPSHOT-M7-d2lte

Screenshot_2014-07-06-18-52-05.png

StumpyPete

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I had this really badly on recent CM11 install. I solved it by switching the processor to OnDemand. This one setting changed me from 4-5 hours battery life on standby to 2-3 days. Has made CM11 a dream on my TF300t

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I had this really badly on recent CM11 install. I solved it by switching the processor to OnDemand. This one setting changed me from 4-5 hours battery life on standby to 2-3 days. Has made CM11 a dream on my TF300t
What governor was it before, OnDemand is usually one of the worst for battery life?

Patrick Hale

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same issue, only worse. At a full charge ony Galaxy Tab 2, I drop about 1% per minute with everything I can possibly disable turned off. I ran it for about 20 minutes and my battery is at 69% with usage stats saying 14 minutes remaining! Loved cynogen on my note 2 until I switched to scotts cleanrom, but he no longer offers it for the GT2. I love CM11, but 45 minutes of use off of a full charge is beyond unacceptable. Please help. I dont want to ditch the rom for something else because its performance is second to none.

Lewis Logan

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone, I wanted to jump on and tell you of my findings. I had an issue after moving over to CM11 from the Stock Samsung S3 Touch Wizz firmware with battery drain and was beginning to get VERY annoyed.

I discovered that Google Now was causing all of my issues. If you go to the Google settings > Search & Now and switch it to OFF it may yield the same results. I went from Google Play Services taking up 70% of my consumption to 7%.

Hope this helps others.

timmyjoe42

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I just tried turning off Google Now. My battery has been draining fast the past week+. Checking my battery usage, consistently give me the main culprits:

1. Screen
2. Android System
3. Android OS
4. Google Services
5. Google Search
6. Phone Idle

Hopefully this helps.

timmyjoe42

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
As a follow up, I turned off Google Now and charged the phone. After 2.5 hours, with normal use, I've only lost 10% battery life. It is doing much better than before. Thanks. I never used Google Now much anyway even though it was pretty neat.

Fahad Shameer

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Go to google settings > Search & Now > Voice > "Ok Google" Detection > And then take off the ✓ mark from the top option. "Ok Google " is periodically analysing the voice 24 * 7 and it is responsible for the Battery draining issue . I hope it helps :)

Last edited:

Md Razin

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I recently switched from asop kitkat ROM to cm11 for the hope of better battery life on my nexus 4.changed my min freq to 702 MHz and max to 1512 MHz and set the governor to interactive in trickstar mod app.....now I think this simple trick has helped me a lot.I noticed that only 2% of my battery has drained during the whole night.on previous ROM it was up to 10% !!!...

Shamin Muth

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Try "AppOps" from play store. Give root permission and Deny "Location access" for Google play services and Google search app. Try this app with all ur installed apps denying whatever options u dosent need. Install "HOLO Launcher" make it as "system app" using "link2sd" app uninstall "CM 11 Default launcher" reboot. Enable developer options and set animation scale all 3 to "zero".
Finally Flash "Pure performances" (Google for the zip file) after wiping ur Dalvik cache using CWM.
enjoy...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel