CM11 - Very fast battery drain.

PlusJack

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
It seems that I get 10% battery gone/hour while my phone is idle. Battery widget reborn says 1% gone every six minutes.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

micgerwal

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same exact problem with my phone since it updated from CM 10.2 to 11. From what I can tell it seems to be constantly awake, but I can't figure out whether it's the OS or an errant app.

PlusJack

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same exact problem with my phone since it updated from CM 10.2 to 11. From what I can tell it seems to be constantly awake, but I can't figure out whether it's the OS or an errant app.

Okay, it seems like the app Greenify helps a bit but doesn't completely solve the problem. Try that and let me know what you think.

micgerwal

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Okay, it seems like the app Greenify helps a bit but doesn't completely solve the problem. Try that and let me know what you think.

I tried Greenify with some success and I changed the CPU governor to battery saver, but I'm still wayyyy behind where I was with CM 10.2. Hopefully they'll fix the problem soon as I'm pretty sure the OS is the cause.

p3ntyne

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I was recently using CM 11 on my nexus 5 and was getting just over half of my normal battery... If you just have CM I would suggest Franco Kernel to give a little extra juice or otherwise, flash the stock ROM and install Xposed Framework.

Posted via Android Central App

1210saad

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
For a while on CyanogenMod 11 I've been getting 20% of my battery gone in an hour of moderate use. Twitter and music, mainly. Most of the stuff seems to be system related. imgur: the simple image sharer

Any idea on how to improve my battery life?

I just got CyanogenMod 11 yesterday and its amazing. My battery is the same as it was on stock kitkat. I think it has improved a little.

If I were you I would do a fresh install of CyanogenMod 11.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest a clean install (wipe/factory reset) CM and Gapps and see if that helps. That seems like an awful amount of drain and others seems to be having better results. If possible please post a screen shot of the battery usage stats.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

PlusJack

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I wiped the phone, clean install, got Greenify and Franco Kernel, and it's still terrible. Android OS, Google Services, and Android System are top battery consumers.

1210saad

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I wiped the phone, clean install, got Greenify and Franco Kernel, and it's still terrible. Android OS, Google Services, and Android System are top battery consumers.

I went back to stock 4.4.2 rooted it then got the Franco kernal and greenify.
These are my results.

ta6a4ezu.jpg

2apebega.jpg

Also undervolted
ba4ygary.jpg

e4e5uny9.jpg

anselor

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm running CM11 on my Nexus 5 and I'm also having a lot of problems with battery life. It's dropping about 20% per hour and is frequently running very hot. I've tried the nightlys from the 23, 26, and 30th and they've all been killing my battery life.
41% is in Android Core Apps and 36% is Google Play Services. Any thoughts on what it might be?

Screenshot_2014-01-31-11-02-58.jpgScreenshot_2014-01-31-11-04-50.jpgScreenshot_2014-01-31-11-04-59.jpg

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
If you use a nightly build, they are for testing, so issues like these should be expected.

Personally, what I would do is use stock firmware with Xposed Framework with Gravity Box and other modules, which will give most of the features available from Cyanogenmod. Install a real good custom kernel like AK Kernel. Continue to use Greenify.

DPC16

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Its not the phone its self it is the ROM, I have CM11 on my Galaxy S2 and the battery had improved alot then drains to fast again...I installed a fresh version of CM11 nightly and even the Snapshot and my battery was still being drained by Screen,Mobile Standby and Android System!!

1210saad

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I went back to stock android and simply turned on ART and holy crap my battery has improved. Better screen on time and standby time .
a4ugu9y5.jpg

ajagyvud.jpg

Currently at 44℅ battery. I know I have used my phone more then 2 hours.

sparove

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I recently installed CM11 coming from a stock VZ HTC One. I also flashed the cm11 update this weekend.

My battery drains like crazy. On almost no use, I am down to 80% with a couple hours of the morning...and dead by the afternoon. Keep in mind I'm at work and this is on almost no use. It looks like my phone is searching for the cell network and wifi. My wifi is currently off.

While we're at it...what Preferred Network Type shoud I be on under Mobile Network Settings? CM11 has way more options than my previous stock rom. Right now I'm on CDMA+LTE/EvDo

Screenshot_2014-03-11-10-29-56.jpg
Screenshot_2014-03-11-10-33-33.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL