Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Nexus 4 Random Reboots

    Hey guys after the kitkat update my phone has been randomly rebooting.

    Yesterday I did a fresh install with the 4.4.2 factory image. It didn't work, my phone just rebooted like 10mins ago when I was playing into the dead.


    If someone can help me it would be appreciated,

    Thanks.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    16,586 Posts
    Global Posts
    16,938 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon ROM

    Default Re: Nexus 4 Random Reboots

    Did you clear cache in recovery?

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 Random Reboots

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Did you clear cache in recovery?
    How? All I I did was a fresh install from my computer.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  4. #4  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    16,586 Posts
    Global Posts
    16,938 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon ROM

    Default Re: Nexus 4 Random Reboots

    Quote Originally Posted by 1210saad View Post
    How? All I I did was a fresh install from my computer.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Try this : [GUIDE] Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013) Cache Partition Wipe
    [GUIDE] Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013) Cache Partition Wipe

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
    1210saad likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 Random Reboots

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Try this : [GUIDE] Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013) Cache Partition Wipe
    [GUIDE] Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013) Cache Partition Wipe

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanks, I cleared the cached partition. Hopefully my device doesn't reboot randomly again. If it does I'll reply back.




    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 Random Reboots

    Ive found that my device randomly shuts down. This is probably a safty protocall. The problem is the N4 dont cool the CPU down effiently. LG have apologiesed and added software that if the CPU got too hot that the phone would try ramp down the CPU usage. Although, if the phone is hot enough. And your in a warm atmosphere, the phone will shut down.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 Random Reboots

    Quote Originally Posted by CMac o View Post
    Ive found that my device randomly shuts down. This is probably a safty protocall. The problem is the N4 dont cool the CPU down effiently. LG have apologiesed and added software that if the CPU got too hot that the phone would try ramp down the CPU usage. Although, if the phone is hot enough. And your in a warm atmosphere, the phone will shut down.
    I just got the CyanogenMod 11 and so far my phone Hasn't crashed once

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 Random Reboots

    Well then, cyangenmod must manage the CPU differently (Can be possible since Cyangenmod is known to be very hacked). Good luck anyways!
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 Random Reboots

    Quote Originally Posted by CMac o View Post
    Well then, cyangenmod must manage the CPU differently (Can be possible since Cyangenmod is known to be very hacked). Good luck anyways!
    Well its a custom ROM.

    Sent from my Venue 7 3730 using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Can I move photos from a regular camera to my Nexus 7?
    By rjack22 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-03-2014, 10:01 PM
  2. WTS: 32gb Black Google Nexus 5
    By map1978 in forum The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & Trade
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-28-2014, 11:01 AM
  3. Google Nexus 7 2013 Tablet Question
    By Angel Martinez3 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-23-2014, 07:18 AM
  4. Nexus 5, Moto X or Other
    By adammg84 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-22-2014, 09:57 AM
  5. Nexus 7 2014
    By spackmanstephen in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-19-2014, 03:12 PM

Posting Permissions