Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Hangouts v Messaging for SMS

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hangouts

12 57.14%
  • Messaging (original SMS option)

8 38.10%
  • Other

1 4.76%
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Poll: Hangouts v Messaging

Just curious, as it has been a few months since the hangouts messaging integration. What app are you using for SMS on your Nexus 4? Hangouts or the original messaging app?
    Explain why you use that service for SMS.

Default Re: Poll: Hangouts v Messaging

I have a Nexus 5, but I've had no issues so far with SMS or MMS using Hangouts. I like having everything integrated.

I'm still sitting around with the Google Voice app, waiting for that elusive Hangouts integration...

ROM
    KK 4.4.3

I switched over to Hangouts mainly because it was the new hotness, but honestly I don't see it as a huge improvement over the stock messaging app (since I don't really use the G+ features). It's also a lot slower to open than the messaging app. However, I doubt I'll switch back as I suspect the messaging app will be going away in the not-too-distant future, and I might as well get used to Hangouts.

I froze my Hangouts. I use the messaging app.

Was on hangouts for a while, then switched to Textra. It's really fast though hangouts is pretty good also.

Posted via Android Central App via my Nexus 4

I use Hangouts. It's not better, but it's not worse and it means one less icon to keep track of on my launcher.

I can't merge sms and hangouts because I receive tons of spam on sms. So haven't tried.

Messaging because the UI is plain.

tried the hangouts app as my main sms reciever but i had lots of problems with it.. i often send test mesaages twice without me knowing (and it doesn't show the message twice) and it doesn't always show the contact name and the contact picture i've saved in my contacts. so i'm going with the original app

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    8,460 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

I recently switched back to Handcent. Although Hangouts did a great job at handling both services, I like being able to have more control of sms settings, l such as pop-ups.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts

I made the switch to Hangouts as soon as SMS integration was rolled out and absolutely loved it but had to switch back to stock messaging because duplicate outgoing messages were being sent out.

Posted via Android Central App