1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Data works on my Nexus 4, but voice and SMS don't.

Hi I'm new here and I just got a nexus 4 off my friend. So I cut the sim and put it in but the data works but the text messaging and phone doesn't work it says mobile service unavailable. Hopefully I didn't put this in a wrong section please forgive if I did. So I'm wondering why my data works and nothing else does I tried the #4646 or something like that but it didn't work no matter what setting i used.

Default Re: Data works on my Nexus 4, but voice and SMS don't.

Did you reboot the phone after inserting the Sim card? It won't be properly recognized until you do.

If it still doesn't work after rebooting, then the card is not cut correctly or, God forbid, inserted upside down.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I tried it still doesn't work it shows I have 4 bars with my carrier but only the data works. Its weird because if I cut it wrong they all shouldn't work

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Quote Originally Posted by iishotz21 View Post
    I tried it still doesn't work it shows I have 4 bars with my carrier but only the data works. Its weird because if I cut it wrong they all shouldn't work
    True, but the N4 really doesn't like cut SIMs... I would just request a new SIM from your carrier, they are usually free as a replacement.
    Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk Official KitKat ROM) / LG G2 on Verizon (CarbonROM KitKat)
    Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
    Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

Quote Originally Posted by iishotz21 View Post
    Who is your carrier? Perhaps yours requires that you register the phone's IMEI.

The number you were looking for, by the way, is *#*#4636#*#*