1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default BATTERY LIFE - Compared to the MOTO G

Hi,

Any reason why we cannot get great battery life compared to motorola G...?

On nexus 4 i get around 3-3.5hr Screen On Time with about 30-36hrs Standby in that time.

Same habit on the Moto G - 7-8 hrs SOT with over 4 days standby in that period...!

So what has Motorola Done to Optimise the Moto-G so well...? Remember i am having the same usage habits on both phones..!

Global Posts
    13,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: BATTERY LIFE - Compared to the MOTO G

Moto batteries and radios have always been great. Even their worst is still better than most other OEM's best.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

Moto g has a lower power processor and radio as well as a smaller screen.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by gtanner00 View Post
    Moto g has a lower power processor and radio as well as a smaller screen.

True BUT i thought that smaller screen (yet much more vibrant - more like the Nexus 5) but then comparatively smaller battery size on a smaller screen should cancel out. Lower spec processor should not matter much as mine is not doing processor intensive tasks and also the standby time should be similar not disparagingly vast.

I think they have done something to make it as good as my old iphone 4. I like the stock feel as well. May get a motorola next time if they continue to do so great. I agree something about radio and power Mx has helped them...!

Quote Originally Posted by shahali View Post
    True BUT i thought that smaller screen (yet much more vibrant - more like the Nexus 5) but then comparatively smaller battery size on a smaller screen should cancel out. Lower spec processor should not matter much as mine is not doing processor intensive tasks and also the standby time should be similar not disparagingly vast.

I think they have done something to make it as good as my old iphone 4. I like the stock feel as well. May get a motorola next time if they continue to do so great. I agree something about radio and power Mx has helped them...!
    I understand your thinking about the processor, however it is in the "next generation" of chips compared to nexus 4 and has been built using a more efficient design. This is similar to what Intel has done to improve the battery life by 30% or more on its has well chips. Also with regards to display, it is also a newer model so it may be more efficient than the nexus 4's

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

i was hoping there may be somthing someone may unlock that will make our nexus battery run adn run..!

Having said that for about 10 days the motorola would last on 3hrs SOT tops. It seemed that it was awake for very long periods of time. Could not work out what it was. i then removed the on screen calender (jorte) widget and it seems its back to 7 hrs+ SOT and about 4-5 days battery life!