1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help: Ads on home screen

Hi,

I'm getting these ads by Google on my home screen. Even when I don't have any app opened. There is no item related to the as in the notification bar.

Are these default android ads or have I installed some app which is doing this.

Can someone please help me?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-25-2014 at 01:44 AM.

Default Re: Help : Ads on home screen

Welcome to Android Central! It would help if you could post some screenshots, or describe these ads in more detail. Are they appearing in the Notification Bar at the top of the screen? Are they pop up windows? Do they occur when you're browsing the web using Chrome or another browser?

If they're in the Notifications, swipe down the shade and long-press the ad. Then tap App Info when it appears. That should tell you what app is responsible for the notification.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Help: Ads on home screen-android-ad.jpg

Here is the screenshot.
    They show up at the home screen at random. Sometimes while browsing, sometimes while playing a game, sometimes just on the home screen.
    I still havent figured out a pattern.

They never show up in the notification bar. So I can't figure out which app is causing this.

Yuck, I hate that kind of stuff! Try installing an ad network detector like or . I'm not sure if they'll help in this situation, since I think they're more for ads that appear in the Notification Bar, but still worth a try.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I have already tried that. Doesn't work for these ads

Did they appear very recently? Try uninstalling your most recently installed apps one by one, and check to see if those ads go away.

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts

Default Re: Help: Ads on home screen

Try going to settings>accounts>Google>ads> then opt out....BTW, that's the 1st time I've heard of home screen ads

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Mobile Nations mobile app

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Default Re: Help: Ads on home screen

I saw something like this recently on a SGS4 running a AOSP KitKat build, it was some kind of spyware or app that he had given permission to or something... not sure which one, no ad blocker or detector would find anything, the only thing that cleared it out was a factory reset, then even after Google Play restored all the apps, no more ads.
    Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk Official KitKat ROM) / LG G2 on Verizon (CarbonROM KitKat)
    Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
    Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket