Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By dancing-bass
  • 2 Post By SactoKingsFan
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SO What??

I don't wanna start a 'iphone bashing' thread, but I was at the store the other day, and this girl looks at my phone and was like "cool, what phone is that?"

I say nexus 4, and she kinda wringles her nose at me and says "oh, I have an iPhone, so..."

And a while back at radioshack i overheard a guy talking about cellphones, then he says "yeah, but iPhones are the best, so..."

why do iphone users always end their statements with "so..." ??? any one else notice this?

Default Re: SO What??

the part that comes after the "so...." is

"So, basically you're an ***** because iPhone is better. iPhone is better because, reasons. And we both know I'm right because, well I have an iPhone. Which automatically makes me better and smarter and better looking and a harder worker, all because I have an iPhone. So..."

"I can only see half of what's going on
    But i'm alright
    'Cause I can still smile"

Wide Mouth Mason - Smile
    Manoj Bhaskaran likes this.

Global Posts
    256 Global Posts

Yeah, I can't stand most people with iPhone. Their smug attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sento View Post
    I don't wanna start a 'iphone bashing' thread, but I was at the store the other day, and this girl looks at my phone and was like "cool, what phone is that?"

I say nexus 4, and she kinda wringles her nose at me and says "oh, I have an iPhone, so..."

And a while back at radioshack i overheard a guy talking about cellphones, then he says "yeah, but iPhones are the best, so..."

why do iphone users always end their statements with "so..." ??? any one else notice this?
    Many people get iPhone for the sake of a fashion statement, not because it's good or anything. Basically, they believe everything the media says about it. "Oh look! (Insert star name here) uses an iPhone so it is cool! Ya all android wankers can suck a fat one!" is what I always hear especially from friends. Let's all not try to stoop so low and argue with all these people and understand that we can do more **** with Android.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Well, if someone buys an iPhone cause they like the styling of the hardware or software, or just prefer the iPhone feel and experience, that's cool. I don't get it but cool get what YOU like.

If people buy an iPhone cause of the brand, just because of that piece of fruit with a bite taken out of it, they're an *****. buy what you like, not what you're told you should like.

Goes the same for any company or product. The only person "brand loyalty" hurts is you.

Don't accept the ellipsis, say "so?" And get them to finish the thought, it they have one.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzylumpkin View Post
    Well, if someone buys an iPhone cause they like the styling of the hardware or software, or just prefer the iPhone feel and experience, that's cool. I don't get it but cool get what YOU like.

If people buy an iPhone cause of the brand, just because of that piece of fruit with a bite taken out of it, they're an *****. buy what you like, not what you're told you should like.

Goes the same for any company or product. The only person "brand loyalty" hurts is you.

Don't accept the ellipsis, say "so?" And get them to finish the thought, it they have one.

Posted via Android Central App
    Precisely. Many people I know gets something because someone else is using it. Anyway, it's their money so...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

People respect you when you have an iPhone. I had a 4s before my nexus 4 and people were like "sick, its an iphone" then when I got my nexus 4 some guy asked me " sick what phone is that ? " I told him " nexus 4 " then he made a weird face and said "o" as if I was holding a piece of sh*t.

Its just cause apple is an expensive brand.

Sent from my Venue 7 3730 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1210saad View Post
    People respect you when you have an iPhone. I had a 4s before my nexus 4 and people were like "sick, its an iphone" then when I got my nexus 4 some guy asked me " sick what phone is that ? " I told him " nexus 4 " then he made a weird face and said "o" as if I was holding a piece of sh*t.

Its just cause apple is an expensive brand.

I don't think it's just because the iPhone is expensive. I've had some weird reactions from people when I told them my G2 was not a Samsung Galaxy device. It has a lot to do with marketing and the herd mentality of many people. The Oppo N1 is not a cheap phone ($600), but if I walked around with one people would look down on the phone since there are no commercials and it's not a mainstream brand.

Sent from my rooted LG-G2 using Tapatalk
    sMt73 and 1210saad like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SactoKingsFan View Post
    I don't think it's just because the iPhone is expensive. I've had some weird reactions from people when I told them my G2 was not a Samsung Galaxy device. It has a lot to do with marketing and the herd mentality of many people. The Oppo N1 is not a cheap phone ($600), but if I walked around with one people would look down on the phone since there are no commercials and it's not a mainstream brand.

Sent from my rooted LG-G2 using Tapatalk
    I completely agree with you.