Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 2 Post By HawaiianLaker
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help!!! Play Music changed some of the album art

For some of the songs, Play Music changed some of the song without album art to "Unknown Hinson, the future is unknown." But the things is. I even have any of his songs.I tried changing it through mp3 taggers in the app store but none of them worked. Does anyone know what caused this and how to fix it

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Help!!! Play Music changed some of the album art

Welcome to Android Central! Is the music in question stored locally or in the Google Music cloud? If it's your own music that you stored locally, you could try going to Settings>Apps>All, selecting Google Play Music, and tapping Clear Data. This will clear out the database, but will not delete the actual music tracks locally. When you open Google Play Music again, you'll have to sign in again, and it will take a few minutes for the app to populate its database again. Hopefully, it will have the correct album art this time.
    Thanked by:
    MrAppleman likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Welcome to Android Central! Is the music in question stored locally or in the Google Music cloud? If it's your own music that you stored locally, you could try going to Settings>Apps>All, selecting Google Play Music, and tapping Clear Data. This will clear out the database, but will not delete the actual music tracks locally. When you open Google Play Music again, you'll have to sign in again, and it will take a few minutes for the app to populate its database again. Hopefully, it will have the correct album art this time.
    Thanks A lot, I'll try that

EDIT: I just tried that but it didn't work

Posted via Android Central App

ROM
    OEM Unlock + Root

Default Re: Help!!! Play Music changed some of the album art

if its songs on google music that you have uploaded for streaming(from the google music app on PC), you can edit any track or album that you upload from the google music website, including album art. on the site, when you click on an album, it will have the album art in the top left corner, when you hover over that pic a settings button will appear(3 square dots stacked), click that and a drop down menu will have "edit album" in the list, that will let you change the album art to anything you have on your PC. hope this helps. i have changed alot of album art from this function.

https://support.google.com/googlepla.../1100174?hl=en
    Thanked by:
    B. Diddy and MrAppleman like this.