Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default usb charging

Hi, my Nexus 4 used to charge in about 4 hours from my desktop, five days ago it was still at 71% after a day! I have tried different lead, different usb slot and indeed my other pc.
    It seems to just about charge but if you play a game the battery starts to flatten.
    It still charges quickly from the wall, and in general battery life is better than ever, after 20 hours 4 hours screen on (with no games) I still have 49% showing.

Any idea why the usb charge has started to slow?
    Had the phone 6 months.

Cheers

Global Posts
    4,671 Global Posts
    ROM
    Kitkat

Default Re: usb charging

Batteries do diminish life over time. It might be that the calibration is off. Have you ever let it fully discharge because you shouldn't. It is best to charge it at 15-20%

I am a developer for HTC devices. If you ever need help with one, let me know.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

it's only been under 50% once I think, I charge it when I get in at night and remove it from charger when it's charged, I think sealed battery's are meant to rated at 800 cycles it was manufactured les than a year ago and I have had it for 6 months.
    As I said the battery life has never been better.

Global Posts
    4,671 Global Posts
    ROM
    Kitkat

Quote Originally Posted by Krolt View Post
    it's only been under 50% once I think, I charge it when I get in at night and remove it from charger when it's charged, I think sealed battery's are meant to rated at 800 cycles it was manufactured les than a year ago and I have had it for 6 months.
    As I said the battery life has never been better.
    My bad, I interpreted it wrong. Does it still charge normal on an outlet connection, and are you using USB 2.0 or 3.0?

I am a developer for HTC devices. If you ever need help with one, let me know.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

yeah, it used to be about twice as long on the pc (usb 2 both pc's) it now seems to just about slightly charge, about 1% every 30 minutes, I just took it of pc and plugged into the wall and it's at 98 % after 35 minutes.
    It must be charging circuit perhaps? It's definitely no slower on an AC charge.
    PC power is reading.
    +3.3 volt= 3.344
    +5volt= 5.062
    +12 volt= 11.999

I'm guessing 3.3 is usb. it's got me puzzled.
    I would understand if battery life was shorter, I would also understand if AC charge was slower.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I just remembered, it's stock, unrooted btw. After it updated to Kitkat I had odd battery readings, it would go from 50% to 100% it ten minutes, then stay at 100% for 2 days and drop to 10% as soon as I turned the screen on, a factory reset fixed that.
    That was a good while ago I really dont want to factory reset it!
    maybe I'll just charge at the wall.