- 159 Posts
Installing a new stock rom or doing OTA updates your baseband?
i'm AOKP on my Nexus 4 atm. I've heard that even if you do OTA for custom rom or flash a new custom rom like cyangomod mod or another AOKP rom, the baseband WOULD NOT be updated but rather it keeps the baseband that your phone originally came with, i was told custom roms can't change your baseband.
However, i was also told that installing a new stock rom like going from stock 4.3 to 4.4 would update your baseband. Or if you're on stock 4.3 and do an OTA upgrade to 4.4, it would also update your band.
so custom roms can't update or change your baseband via OTA or flashes and Stock roms can?
- 02-07-2014, 09:15 AM #2
- 775 Posts
- Nexus 4 (Stock/AT&T)
Re: Installing a new stock rom or doing OTA updates your baseband?Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on AT&T GoPhone (Personal/Stock KOT49H) / LG G2 on Verizon (Work/Stock)
Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
- By B. Diddy in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 126Last Post: 03-09-2014, 04:29 PM
- By novice2014 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 5Last Post: 02-19-2014, 09:06 AM
- By Julian Uribe in forum Sprint HTC OneReplies: 2Last Post: 02-09-2014, 02:31 PM
- By firstname.lastname@example.org in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 3Last Post: 02-06-2014, 04:44 PM
- By teleburst in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 4Last Post: 02-06-2014, 02:01 PM