- 159 Posts
Installing a new stock rom or doing OTA updates your baseband?
i'm AOKP on my Nexus 4 atm. I've heard that even if you do OTA for custom rom or flash a new custom rom like cyangomod mod or another AOKP rom, the baseband WOULD NOT be updated but rather it keeps the baseband that your phone originally came with, i was told custom roms can't change your baseband.
However, i was also told that installing a new stock rom like going from stock 4.3 to 4.4 would update your baseband. Or if you're on stock 4.3 and do an OTA upgrade to 4.4, it would also update your band.
so custom roms can't update or change your baseband via OTA or flashes and Stock roms can?
- 02-07-2014, 09:15 AM #2
Re: Installing a new stock rom or doing OTA updates your baseband?Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Purity ROM with hells-Core Kernel)
Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (AICP 6.0 ROM)
Current Tablet: iPad 4/Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
Other phones "in the family": HTC One (M7), Moto G GPE, LG G2
Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria/Incredible 2/Rezound/DNA, Samsung Stratosphere, SGS2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P
- By B. Diddy in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 147Last Post: 06-01-2014, 07:40 PM
- By teleburst in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 6Last Post: 04-25-2014, 05:25 PM
- By novice2014 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 5Last Post: 02-19-2014, 09:06 AM
- By Julian Uribe in forum Sprint HTC OneReplies: 2Last Post: 02-09-2014, 02:31 PM
- By Ergordon4 in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 3Last Post: 02-06-2014, 04:44 PM