1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AIO Wireless new plan

I noticed AIO a bit. You also get another $5 off for using a prepaid account. I 'm using GoPhone (prepaid) now (65$ with taxes and fees) for 2 gb, which I hardly touch. I can get same plan save $20 a month. I realize there's a proxy server and throttling involved with AIO, but it's hard to justify staying where I am for this kind of savings.
    Last edited by CeruleanBlue58; 02-10-2014 at 02:32 PM.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: AIO Wireless new plan

Thanks for bringing this to my attention! My wife and I were both on AIO's $55/month plan; I just switched us to the $40/month plan for a monthly savings of $30 between the two of us.

My wife uses very little data and, although I use a great deal of it, 95% is over WiFi at home and the office. We can easily stay within the 500MB limit of the $40 plan.

Thanks again.

How's their coverage? Do they use another company's towers?

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

AIO Wireless uses AT&T service, so their coverage is pretty good... I know someone who uses it and it works fine, although the speeds he gets are no where near what was claimed. He gets around 3-4Mbps down at best, I am on Go Phone and get 6-8Mbps on a regular basis in the same service area.
    Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk Official KitKat ROM) / LG G2 on Verizon (CarbonROM KitKat)
    Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
    Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    AIO Wireless uses AT&T service, so their coverage is pretty good... I know someone who uses it and it works fine, although the speeds he gets are no where near what was claimed. He gets around 3-4Mbps down at best, I am on Go Phone and get 6-8Mbps on a regular basis in the same service area.
    I'm guessing there's a bit of throttling involved. I hear TMO's prepaid carriers throttle their speeds. I wonder whether we'll see similar speed differences with LTE.

The plan's bargain ain't half bad. The 2.5gb plan is $10 cheaper than TMO's own 2.5gb plan. Even if speeds are slower, the data coverage is probably going to be much better. Overall, not a bad compromise at all. 3-4mbps should still be enough to pre-stream youtube and line music services.

According to , "Though data speeds vary due to several factors, including those beyond Aio's control, our 4G LTE service currently offers download speeds up to 8 Mbps and our 4G HSPA+ service currently offers download speeds up to a maximum of 4 Mbps."

Personally, I find the speed more than adequate and the coverage excellent. T-Mobile's speeds were far better, but the coverage was bad - even this very populated part of western Connecticut, I would lose the network in several areas along my 22 mile commute to work and then had zero connectivity in most of the (quite small) building where I work - 4 to 5 bars near one of the doors and zero signal in my office.

ROM
    KK 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by N4Newbie View Post
    According to , "Though data speeds vary due to several factors, including those beyond Aio's control, our 4G LTE service currently offers download speeds up to 8 Mbps and our 4G HSPA+ service currently offers download speeds up to a maximum of 4 Mbps."

Personally, I find the speed more than adequate and the coverage excellent. T-Mobile's speeds were far better, but the coverage was bad - even this very populated part of western Connecticut, I would lose the network in several areas along my 22 mile commute to work and then had zero connectivity in most of the (quite small) building where I work - 4 to 5 bars near one of the doors and zero signal in my office.
    AIO's speed throttling is the reason I decided against them when I looked into them several months ago. If I wanted speeds like that, I'd just go back to Sprint. :P