AIO Wireless new plan

CeruleanBlue58

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I noticed AIO tweaked their wireless plan a bit. You also get another $5 off for using a prepaid account. I 'm using GoPhone (prepaid) now (65$ with taxes and fees) for 2 gb, which I hardly touch. I can get same plan save $20 a month. I realize there's a proxy server and throttling involved with AIO, but it's hard to justify staying where I am for this kind of savings.

Last edited:

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for bringing this to my attention! My wife and I were both on AIO's $55/month plan; I just switched us to the $40/month plan for a monthly savings of $30 between the two of us.

My wife uses very little data and, although I use a great deal of it, 95% is over WiFi at home and the office. We can easily stay within the 500MB limit of the $40 plan.

Thanks again.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
AIO Wireless uses AT&T service, so their coverage is pretty good... I know someone who uses it and it works fine, although the speeds he gets are no where near what was claimed. He gets around 3-4Mbps down at best, I am on Go Phone and get 6-8Mbps on a regular basis in the same service area.

chris9000

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
AIO Wireless uses AT&T service, so their coverage is pretty good... I know someone who uses it and it works fine, although the speeds he gets are no where near what was claimed. He gets around 3-4Mbps down at best, I am on Go Phone and get 6-8Mbps on a regular basis in the same service area.

I'm guessing there's a bit of throttling involved. I hear TMO's prepaid carriers throttle their speeds. I wonder whether we'll see similar speed differences with LTE.

The plan's bargain ain't half bad. The 2.5gb plan is $10 cheaper than TMO's own 2.5gb plan. Even if speeds are slower, the data coverage is probably going to be much better. Overall, not a bad compromise at all. 3-4mbps should still be enough to pre-stream youtube and line music services.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
According to Data Speeds, "Though data speeds vary due to several factors, including those beyond Aio's control, our 4G LTE service currently offers download speeds up to 8 Mbps and our 4G HSPA+ service currently offers download speeds up to a maximum of 4 Mbps."

Personally, I find the speed more than adequate and the coverage excellent. T-Mobile's speeds were far better, but the coverage was bad - even this very populated part of western Connecticut, I would lose the network in several areas along my 22 mile commute to work and then had zero connectivity in most of the (quite small) building where I work - 4 to 5 bars near one of the doors and zero signal in my office.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
According to Data Speeds, "Though data speeds vary due to several factors, including those beyond Aio's control, our 4G LTE service currently offers download speeds up to 8 Mbps and our 4G HSPA+ service currently offers download speeds up to a maximum of 4 Mbps."

Personally, I find the speed more than adequate and the coverage excellent. T-Mobile's speeds were far better, but the coverage was bad - even this very populated part of western Connecticut, I would lose the network in several areas along my 22 mile commute to work and then had zero connectivity in most of the (quite small) building where I work - 4 to 5 bars near one of the doors and zero signal in my office.

AIO's speed throttling is the reason I decided against them when I looked into them several months ago. If I wanted speeds like that, I'd just go back to Sprint. :p