1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    HaXoR Master

Global Posts
    1,938 Global Posts
    ROM
    WXKK5

Default HELP!! SMS issue...

Ok this is a odd one for you guys, i for the life of me cannot figure it out...

i recently changed from a n4 to a bb z30... my wife has a galaxy nexus running 4.4.2 cm11 latest nightly

before today she was able to send SMS etc...

as of the yesterdays nightly, the SCMC code got messed up, so she wasnt able to send SMS, but was able to receieve without issues...

now i reset the SCMC number and got that all working but here is where it get really odd...

she can text anyone else except my number... it says it sent but nothin shows up on my z30...

however as soon as i put my SIM in my n4, i receive all her SMS that he has sent me... every single one... but as soon as i put my SIM from my n4 back into my z30, it never hits my phone....

i have NO idea what is going on... to me it seems like my number is tied to my n4, yet i can get texts from anyone else on my z30 as well...

its like our two phones are linked for SMS, they can only send and receive SMS if i am using my n4 and her galaxy nexus...

hope that made sense?

anyone have any suggestions... this is extremely frustrating and i cannot figure this out... some how i have to untie my number to my n4... which doesnt make sense...

important info:

her device: Galaxy Nexus
    4.4.2 feb 8, 2014 CM 11 nightlie
    registered with whisper push (not sure if thats relevant)

my device: Nexus 4
    4.4.2 feb 1, 2014 CM 11 nightlie
    registered with whispern push

on a side note as well... if i move her SIM to my n4 everything works normally... no issues at all...

wtf eh

anyone???

ROM
    KK 4.4.2

Default Re: HELP!! SMS issue...

What SMS app are you using? Is it tied in any way to G+? Since it only seems to happen when you send from the Galaxy Nexus, maybe it's some issue particular to CM? I'd pose the question to their forums too and see if anyone else has encountered this issue. Otherwise, I've only ever heard of something like this on iPhones.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    HaXoR Master

Global Posts
    1,938 Global Posts
    ROM
    WXKK5

all of them dont work... whether im using hangouts, or 8sms... nothing seems to send the SMS to my z30 at all.. but she can send sms to anyone else... its really odd...

and like i said if i move her SIM into my n4 she can text my z30 no problems... its really odd....

i think i might try getting a new SIM for her and see if that works... i really am lost here
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    HaXoR Master

Global Posts
    1,938 Global Posts
    ROM
    WXKK5

come on, somebody has to have a theory?

ROM
    KK 4.4.2

Do you have a problem receiving texts from anyone else on your z30? Just wondering if maybe it's your SIM causing the problem somehow.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    HaXoR Master

Global Posts
    1,938 Global Posts
    ROM
    WXKK5

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Coyote View Post
    Do you have a problem receiving texts from anyone else on your z30? Just wondering if maybe it's your SIM causing the problem somehow.
    no i have no issues at all...its just her galaxy nexus cannot text me unless my sim is in my n4
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    HaXoR Master

Global Posts
    1,938 Global Posts
    ROM
    WXKK5

OK get this one. I decided to boot up my Nexus 4 to update it and apps and it started to recieve the text from my wife on the nexus 4... Which makes no sense because THERE IS NO SO CARD in it... Wtf!!!!

More than likely your wife is not sending true SMS messages. Try using the stock "Messaging" app on her N4 to send a text to your Z30 and see if that one comes through.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    HaXoR Master

Global Posts
    1,938 Global Posts
    ROM
    WXKK5

Its her galaxy nexus I'm having the issues with. And she is using 8sms. I have turned off hangouts. I don't know how a phone without a sim card is getting an sms when there is no sim card in there.

I also deleted the message thread to see if that was the case and nothing. I started the thread again making sure it's a phone number and still the same issue.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk