Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 4 battery problem

Dear all,

I have a nexus 4 which i bought in sep last year through a 3rd party supplier in pakistan (since google play is not available in pakistan) they are offering 1 year repair warranty. I am running my device on official kitkat 4.4.2 updated last month.

After update to 4.4.2 i observed very strange battery issue. The battery level drops mostly 2 percent at a time. I suspect a Power consuming background process which starts as i turn on the screen. I currently get around 15hours backup with 3 hours of screen time. Battery stats dont show any unfamiliar activity. Though google keyboard takes 15% of my battery...yesterday it was only less than screen in battery stats.

Abother strange thing is a battery level drop while charging. The battery level shows 80, for example, and after some time it will be 78 or 77 with charger connected.

Is it a hardware issue...? Do i need to buy a new battery? Since warranty doesnt cover battery damage.

P.s i have not performed a factory reset yet.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Nexus 4 battery problem

I want to post screen shots. How can i do that. I dont find any option for attachments.
    Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by usmanyousaf View Post
    I want to post screen shots. How can i do that. I dont find any option for attachments.
    Thanks

There should be an icon that looks like a camera. Tap that, and it should let you browse your gallery.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

And this requires the Android Central Forums app, not the main Android Central app. You can also do it with Tapatalk, or with a desktop browser.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    And this requires the Android Central Forums app, not the main Android Central app. You can also do it with Tapatalk, or with a desktop browser.

Thanks. I was posting from android central app.
    Back to the battery issue.