Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sync Error

My Gmail was not syncing properly, I read that deleting your Google account and adding it back would solve this problem. So that is what I did

Now I am getting the "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly" error. There is a refresh symbol beside Contacts, Drive, Gmail, Books, Google+, People Details and an error one beside Calendar.
    Also when trying to open Hangouts I get a message saying "Couldn't sign in because we couldn't reach Google. Try Again."
    Gmail says it is waiting for sync.

So after trying this fix, my phone is much worse shape. Any ideas what is going on here. I have tried rebooting the phone, deleting the account again.

Thanks

Global Posts
    1,135 Global Posts
    ROM
    Purity with Hells-Core

Default Re: Sync Error

Honestly, I would factory default and start again... There are some possibilities that you could go in and start clearing data on various services and it MIGHT clear it up, but you are more likely to cause more problems than fix.

Copy off your data, factory default, and set up again. Probably not the answer your looking for, but it will work.
    Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Purity ROM with hells-Core Kernel)
    Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (AICP 6.0 ROM)
    Current Tablet: iPad 4/Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Other phones "in the family": HTC One (M7), Moto G GPE, LG G2
    Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria/Incredible 2/Rezound/DNA, Samsung Stratosphere, SGS2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Ok, well thanks for the response. What is the best way to copy my data to my computer to easily put it back on? Also is there a way to auto download all the apps I have downloaded again?

Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    Honestly, I would factory default and start again... There are some possibilities that you could go in and start clearing data on various services and it MIGHT clear it up, but you are more likely to cause more problems than fix.

Copy off your data, factory default, and set up again. Probably not the answer your looking for, but it will work.

Global Posts
    4,210 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by Casey Tokarchuk View Post
    Ok, well thanks for the response. What is the best way to copy my data to my computer to easily put it back on? Also is there a way to auto download all the apps I have downloaded again?
    Are you sure you entering the correct password?

Now going to the backup situation, if you connect your phone to your PC, you can drag out all of your pictures, videos, files, etc. to your desktop. That way when you factory reset, you can put the stuff back in.

The play store should contain a list of all the apps you have downloaded so far. Also, if you want to back up app data, maybe Helium might help.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!