- 6 Posts
My Gmail was not syncing properly, I read that deleting your Google account and adding it back would solve this problem. So that is what I did
Now I am getting the "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly" error. There is a refresh symbol beside Contacts, Drive, Gmail, Books, Google+, People Details and an error one beside Calendar.
Also when trying to open Hangouts I get a message saying "Couldn't sign in because we couldn't reach Google. Try Again."
Gmail says it is waiting for sync.
So after trying this fix, my phone is much worse shape. Any ideas what is going on here. I have tried rebooting the phone, deleting the account again.
- 02-18-2014, 10:28 PM #2
- 773 Posts
- Nexus 4 (Stock/AT&T)
Re: Sync Error
Honestly, I would factory default and start again... There are some possibilities that you could go in and start clearing data on various services and it MIGHT clear it up, but you are more likely to cause more problems than fix.
Copy off your data, factory default, and set up again. Probably not the answer your looking for, but it will work.Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on AT&T GoPhone (Personal/Stock KOT49H) / LG G2 on Verizon (Work/Stock)
Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
- 02-18-2014, 11:07 PM #4
- By korab84 in forum Verizon LG G2Replies: 4Last Post: 02-23-2014, 08:52 AM
- By vespa02 in forum Moto XReplies: 8Last Post: 02-19-2014, 11:49 AM
- By ash0074 in forum Sprint LG G2Replies: 3Last Post: 02-18-2014, 02:48 PM
- By AlanFB in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 02-18-2014, 09:42 AM
- By jerky1280 in forum AT&T Galaxy S IIReplies: 0Last Post: 02-17-2014, 06:11 PM