Will Google replace my Nexus 4 if there is a slight crack on the back?

Petrophas

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello there,

I have a legitimate reason to request a replacement, which is, the earpiece is buzzing like crazy during phone calls. It has nothing to do with the crack on the back at all.

However...before I got around to putting in the request, I dropped the phone from my bed. I picked it up with the relief that nothing was hurt, except I later realized upon closer examination that there was about an inch long crack to the right side of the phone's glass. Since the phone's backside is white, it's barely noticeable if you don't look for it. However, it is there and it will be noticed by Google's inspectors.

My fear is that I will put in the request, they will send me out a new Nexus and charge me the temporary $350 hold, and then never refund me because they will say the issue was my fault or that my phone is not covered due to the damage. And I would hate it if that happened because I would much rather buy a Nexus 5 if they're gonna charge me...

Any similar experiences with a good outcome?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
That'd be a great question to ask Google's RMA team, I'm not sure anyone can say how they'll handle damage not related to the issue identified.

pashos24

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey my nexus 4's battery was playing up it would die with 50% battery left, and so I called them up and told them but I didn't tell them that my whole back glass was cracked but they still changed it, no charge no questions asked. If u still on our warranty it should be fine

Posted via Android Central App