Full backup?

unstoppablekem

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I am going to sell my nexus 4 soon. I was wondering though, when and if I get a new android device, probably a successor to the nexus 5 (if they don't get rid of nexus), will it retain the same information from my nexus 4? I don't just want app transfers, but a full backup.

Does this work with any android phone? Or nexus to nexus only, and not nexus to HTC, Samsung, etc? Or does it not work at all? Please let me know. Thanks!

Sent from my Xbox One using AC Forums

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am going to sell my nexus 4 soon. I was wondering though, when and if I get a new android device, probably a successor to the nexus 5 (if they don't get rid of nexus), will it retain the same information from my nexus 4? I don't just want app transfers, but a full backup.

Does this work with any android phone? Or nexus to nexus only, and not nexus to HTC, Samsung, etc? Or does it not work at all? Please let me know. Thanks!

There are apps that can aid in backing up some aspects of device data. However, the backing up of app data and moving to another device is hit and miss. What specifically are you looking at transferring over?

unstoppablekem

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
There are apps that can aid in backing up some aspects of device data. However, the backing up of app data and moving to another device is hit and miss. What specifically are you looking at transferring over?

I want to do like a full backup. So photos, apps, app progress, data, etc.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I want to do like a full backup. So photos, apps, app progress, data, etc.

Helium is probably your best bet. Be advised: like I said before, transferring application data to another device may not always work. I tried from my S3 to my Moto X and the app forced closed upon every launch.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So what features do work?

Helium backs up texts, contacts, and several other app aspects. I cannot remember anything more specific, as it has been several months since I have had it on my device.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34