Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 4 won't turn on or charge

I've had my Nexus 4 for 11 months now, i never had any problem until today. I was using it and i remember it had 8% battery left so i plugged into an outlet to charge. I turned the turn off before leaving it there for about 5-10 minute. I checked back 10minutes later and it was unresponsive. There was no charging screen and i found it weird so i tried to start it up again and nada. I read a few thread about it and i tried a few steps and it hasnt work. So is there anything else i can do? i looked at the warranty and i still have 2 weeks left b4 it expires..

I tried:
    Power + volume down for 20 sec off charge + plug in charge after + power
    power + volume up for 60 sec

I'm currently trying to charge the phone for a hour or two and then try to repeat those steps again. But i'm worried this problem will continue and it might be a better idea for me to send it to warranty and maybe get a new phone? Does anyone have experience with this and could shed some light on this? Also since google play stop making Nexus 4s, do u think they will send me a 5 or just gonna send me back this old by fixing it? :P

Carrier
    Stock 4.4.2

Default Re: Nexus 4 won't turn on or charge

Quote Originally Posted by JakeSonYu View Post
    I've had my Nexus 4 for 11 months now, i never had any problem until today. I was using it and i remember it had 8% battery left so i plugged into an outlet to charge. I turned the turn off before leaving it there for about 5-10 minute. I checked back 10minutes later and it was unresponsive. There was no charging screen and i found it weird so i tried to start it up again and nada. I read a few thread about it and i tried a few steps and it hasnt work. So is there anything else i can do? i looked at the warranty and i still have 2 weeks left b4 it expires..

I tried:
    Power + volume down for 20 sec off charge + plug in charge after + power
    power + volume up for 60 sec

I'm currently trying to charge the phone for a hour or two and then try to repeat those steps again. But i'm worried this problem will continue and it might be a better idea for me to send it to warranty and maybe get a new phone? Does anyone have experience with this and could shed some light on this? Also since google play stop making Nexus 4s, do u think they will send me a 5 or just gonna send me back this old by fixing it? :P
    Yes happens to my Nexus 10 sometimes has around 50% battery then turns off plug in and won't respond for several hours. Just leave it.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Nexus 4 won't turn on or charge

So how long should i leave it there to charge and try again? Is there any other steps i can try? I'm seriously considering using my warranty and get a new phone or something.