LED Notification Not Working on Nexus 4

mmutoo

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi all. I have a Google Nexus 4. It is not rooted, and I have not installed any custom Rom on it. Also, it is updated to 4.4.2. My problem is, the LED notification works fine when I have an app such as LightFlow. But I am expecting the LED to work with no app installed. The LED does not flash at all for anything when I uninstall the app (or before I install the app in the first day). does anybody have the same problem? any solution for that? Please note that I do not need an app for that. as I already mentioned, LightFLow works fine, but it is supposed to work by itself.

Thanks.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Very few apps support LED notifications natively. Those that do usually require that you activate them in the app settings.

H2535

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Hello mmutoo,
Try to get "Light Manager" App, that will give you wast access on your cell LED and your choices of colors for different notifications.

mmutoo

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks H2535,
As I said, I have no problem with LightFlow. Probably I won't have any problem with Light Manager too. However, I think the LED is supposed to work without any app. That is what I am looking for. Almost all other phones have the LED working from the first day without any app installed. Nexus 4 should have it too.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Are you saying your LED never worked, even before installing Lightflow? If I remember, the LED blinks for only a few things natively, including missed calls, SMS, and maybe email. It's one reason I installed Lightflow myself. If, on the other hand, you're no longer seeing any notification light after uninstalling Lightflow, I think there may be a few settings you need to tweak afterwords in order to get things back to normal. Check the Lightflow website for what those may be.

Third possibility: if your light only works with a third party app like Lightflow, and never works otherwise, then I honestly have no idea. Try a factory reset, maybe?

H2535

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Yes I agree, the Nexus 4 LEDs are not that much active by default, that is why I searched for Light Manager in order to make it more active

mmutoo

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi Citizen Coyote, and thanks for the reply. Yes, the LED did not work from the first day. Not for missed calls, not for SMS, and not for email. For none of them. I even did a factory reset. It did not help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz