Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LED Notification Not Working on Nexus 4

Hi all. I have a Google Nexus 4. It is not rooted, and I have not installed any custom Rom on it. Also, it is updated to 4.4.2. My problem is, the LED notification works fine when I have an app such as LightFlow. But I am expecting the LED to work with no app installed. The LED does not flash at all for anything when I uninstall the app (or before I install the app in the first day). does anybody have the same problem? any solution for that? Please note that I do not need an app for that. as I already mentioned, LightFLow works fine, but it is supposed to work by itself.

Thanks.

Default Re: LED Notification Not Working on Nexus 4

Very few apps support LED notifications natively. Those that do usually require that you activate them in the app settings.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks! But I did. I use gmail app and Hangouts and I activated the notification in both. But they don't work!

Hello mmutoo,
    Try to get "Light Manager" App, that will give you wast access on your cell LED and your choices of colors for different notifications.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks H2535,
    As I said, I have no problem with LightFlow. Probably I won't have any problem with Light Manager too. However, I think the LED is supposed to work without any app. That is what I am looking for. Almost all other phones have the LED working from the first day without any app installed. Nexus 4 should have it too.

ROM
    Lollipop 5.0

Are you saying your LED never worked, even before installing Lightflow? If I remember, the LED blinks for only a few things natively, including missed calls, SMS, and maybe email. It's one reason I installed Lightflow myself. If, on the other hand, you're no longer seeing any notification light after uninstalling Lightflow, I think there may be a few settings you need to tweak afterwords in order to get things back to normal. Check the Lightflow website for what those may be.

Third possibility: if your light only works with a third party app like Lightflow, and never works otherwise, then I honestly have no idea. Try a factory reset, maybe?

Yes I agree, the Nexus 4 LEDs are not that much active by default, that is why I searched for Light Manager in order to make it more active
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Hi Citizen Coyote, and thanks for the reply. Yes, the LED did not work from the first day. Not for missed calls, not for SMS, and not for email. For none of them. I even did a factory reset. It did not help.