Nexus 4 or Galaxy S3

heyitsmetyler

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Looking to migrate from my iPhone 4s. I can currently get a 0$ warranty protected pre-owned Nexus 4 or a Galaxy S3 for $60 (also warranty-re-owned) The Galaxy seems to be a great deal, just wondering what you guys think.

I am fairly short on cash though.

heyitsmetyler

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Only problem is, is that the carriers website doesn't state how big the hard drive is and I will be using it for music. The Nexus is likely the 8gb which would limit me unfortunetly. But it seems everyone loves their Nexus'. Is it only the Nexus that offers Google Now? Or Android in general?

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Only problem is, is that the carriers website doesn't state how big the hard drive is and I will be using it for music. The Nexus is likely the 8gb which would limit me unfortunetly. But it seems everyone loves their Nexus'. Is it only the Nexus that offers Google Now? Or Android in general?

You can get Google Now with any Android device. You can get Google Now with the iPhone. If it is the 8GB model, I can completely understand passing on it. But I will tell you that the S3 with Touchwiz, won't give you much more internal memory. You would have to put most of your stuff on the micro SD card. The battery life on the S3 may be a little better too.

1210saad

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 4 trust me. The performance is amazing plus its amazing for gaming I can play GTA San Andreas or modern combat 4 with no lag at all. These games will lag on the s3 for sure.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Nexus 4. I think you'll be happy with the purchase over the S3.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

HawaiianLaker

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Id say Nexus 4 as well, Google music for storage, I have about 4000 songs on there and none on my phone. The quad core in the Nexus 4 is very capable vs the dual core in the S3.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
As much as it pains me to say it, I'd go with the S4 over the N4. The N4 is a great phone, don't get me wrong, but the S4 will likely last you longer than the N4. Plus, there's the SD card for music storage. For your needs it sounds like the S4 will suit you better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair