4.4.3 update

5L Mustang

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Ya that's what I was thinking too. Hopefully we get 4.5 though. My n4 still runs smooth as butter

Posted via Android Central App

Sai Mohan

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
4.4.3 update is definite for nexus devices running 4.4+ because it's not an update, it's a bug fix. KitKat had the most problems during updates and they are releasing a big fix as 4.4.3 update. No new feature. Also Google supports their devices via android updates only for 18 months and it's nearly over for nexus 4. So update subsequent to 4.4.3 will not be provided

Sent from my Nexus 4

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
4.4.3 update is definite for nexus devices running 4.4+ because it's not an update, it's a bug fix. KitKat had the most problems during updates and they are releasing a big fix as 4.4.3 update. No new feature. Also Google supports their devices via android updates only for 18 months and it's nearly over for nexus 4. So update subsequent to 4.4.3 will not be provided

Sent from my Nexus 4

Perhaps. I agree that we'll get 4.4.3, but only Google knows if the N4 will get the next version of Android, whatever it may be. Anything else is mere speculation.

Hordiyevych

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Like stated previously, the Nexus 4's 18 months are almost over. Personally I think that we will get all updates up to (but not including) the update that comes with the next Nexus/next major Android update at that time.

greatgoogly

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I think it's possible that our Nexus 4's have seen their last update. I posted elsewhere that it wouldn't surprise me if 4.4.3 has been shelved as we are less than 2 months out from Google I/O and they may just take any fixes that were originally scheduled for 4.4.3 and put them into whatever they announce at Google I/O. By then the 18 month window (which closes in Mid May) will be long gone for the Nexus 4.

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
My gut tells me that the Nexus 4 will receive 4.4.3 and probably the next iteration of Android, but at that point will probably be EOL'ed.

Dan

lorul2

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Just rooted my Nexus 4 so I could get LTE on T-Mobile so I don't think I can do the ota 4.4.3. Is there anything "crucial" in this update? I'm enjoying the LTE!

1210saad

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Just rooted my Nexus 4 so I could get LTE on T-Mobile so I don't think I can do the ota 4.4.3. Is there anything "crucial" in this update? I'm enjoying the LTE!

Same I got LTE as well as Franco kernal but I really need the 4.4.3 update because its suppose to fix the random reboot issue

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Google Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 to receive Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update on May 23

Finally some news about this. Hope it'll fix my overheating issue.

Overheating would have nothing to do with this, if you are overheating you have something drawing current hard like runaway apps or the screen brightness is too high well changing, etc...

I hate articles like this "But thanks to a source who reported that the Google is planning to release the update starting on May 23..."

I have a source too, my brother's friend's uncle's girlfriend's neighbor's cousin uses Google once in awhile and they said we will get it on the 22nd. :)