Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4.4.3 update

Will the nexus 4 get this update? Also do you think we will get 4.5 when it comes out?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: 4.4.3 update

In sure we will get 4.4.3 but not sure about 4.5

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Ya that's what I was thinking too. Hopefully we get 4.5 though. My n4 still runs smooth as butter

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

4.4.3 update is definite for nexus devices running 4.4+ because it's not an update, it's a bug fix. KitKat had the most problems during updates and they are releasing a big fix as 4.4.3 update. No new feature. Also Google supports their devices via android updates only for 18 months and it's nearly over for nexus 4. So update subsequent to 4.4.3 will not be provided

Sent from my Nexus 4

Carrier
    Marshmallow!

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Mohan View Post
    4.4.3 update is definite for nexus devices running 4.4+ because it's not an update, it's a bug fix. KitKat had the most problems during updates and they are releasing a big fix as 4.4.3 update. No new feature. Also Google supports their devices via android updates only for 18 months and it's nearly over for nexus 4. So update subsequent to 4.4.3 will not be provided

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Perhaps. I agree that we'll get 4.4.3, but only Google knows if the N4 will get the next version of Android, whatever it may be. Anything else is mere speculation.

Like stated previously, the Nexus 4's 18 months are almost over. Personally I think that we will get all updates up to (but not including) the update that comes with the next Nexus/next major Android update at that time.

I think it's possible that our Nexus 4's have seen their last update. I posted elsewhere that it wouldn't surprise me if 4.4.3 has been shelved as we are less than 2 months out from Google I/O and they may just take any fixes that were originally scheduled for 4.4.3 and put them into whatever they announce at Google I/O. By then the 18 month window (which closes in Mid May) will be long gone for the Nexus 4.

Somebody reporting that somebody reported that somebody reported that 4.4.3 is going to be released. Until it's up on Google's site, nobody knows nothin' and everything else is speculation (mine included).

Global Posts
    392 Global Posts

My gut tells me that the Nexus 4 will receive 4.4.3 and probably the next iteration of Android, but at that point will probably be EOL'ed.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by greatgoogly View Post
    Somebody reporting that somebody reported that somebody reported that 4.4.3 is going to be released. Until it's up on Google's site, nobody knows nothin' and everything else is speculation (mine included).
    my point exactly!

I need that update my phone is going crazy with random reboots

Just rooted my Nexus 4 so I could get LTE on T-Mobile so I don't think I can do the ota 4.4.3. Is there anything "crucial" in this update? I'm enjoying the LTE!

Quote Originally Posted by lorul2 View Post
    Just rooted my Nexus 4 so I could get LTE on T-Mobile so I don't think I can do the ota 4.4.3. Is there anything "crucial" in this update? I'm enjoying the LTE!
    Same I got LTE as well as Franco kernal but I really need the 4.4.3 update because its suppose to fix the random reboot issue

http://android.sc/google-nexus-4-nex...ate-on-may-23/

Finally some news about this. Hope it'll fix my overheating issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Carmona View Post
    Google Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 to receive Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update on May 23

Finally some news about this. Hope it'll fix my overheating issue.

Overheating would have nothing to do with this, if you are overheating you have something drawing current hard like runaway apps or the screen brightness is too high well changing, etc...

I hate articles like this "But thanks to a source who reported that the Google is planning to release the update starting on May 23..."

I have a source too, my brother's friend's uncle's girlfriend's neighbor's cousin uses Google once in awhile and they said we will get it on the 22nd.

Hopefully this is not fake.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4.4.3 update-4630.jpg  

No matter what happens though, we will get support from ROM makers till 2016 I hope.

Carrier
    Stock JellyBean

My Nexus 4 just got the Android 4.4.3 update. Waiting for the install to complete

Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Carrier
    4.2, 4.0.4

I just got my ota notification. Downloading now!

Just installed it. Will report any problems and improvements as they become apparent. Hopefully it fixed the problem with swiping to delete in the stock email client.

Over the air update came for me too I'm rooted and unlocked what do I do?

Carrier
    Stock JellyBean

I was rooted and unlocked, but was on the Stock Android 4.4.2.
    After I updated, I lost the root access, its not a big deal for me.
    I am sure the Nexus toolkit will be updated soon to be able to root 4.4.3.

but I cant loose LTE I caaaaannnttt!

How long does it take for this update to install? My Nexus 4 has been churning away for a couple of hours now. The android animation is moving and the progress bar periodically updates, but it seems like a long time.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast