Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need to fix my broken Nexus 4, asking for help

Hey

My Nexus 4 fell and, predictably, the screen is shattered. The phone is still running, and if I press the power button I can still *see* the image pretty clear, but the screen doesn't respond to touches anymore.

I'd like to try to replace the screen, but I don't even know which replacement parts I exactly need:

A company called etradesupply sells different types of replacements, but can someone tell me what I need?

There's:

LG Nexus 4 E960 LCD Screen and Digitizer Assembly (B Stock) - Black - Without Carrier Logo

or

LG Nexus 4 E960 LCD Screen and Digitizer Assembly with Front Housing (B Stock) - Black - Without

I don't know what any of that means. What's a "Digitizer Assembly"? Do I need "Front Housing"? Does it matter if it has the "Carrier Logo" or not?

Sorry for those clueless questions.... but any help would really be appreciated!

Carrier
    Stock: GNex; dalepl rom

Default Re: Need to fix my broken Nexus 4, asking for help

Try this http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=693229 or google repair cracked screen on nexus 4. There are YouTube vids.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    712 Global Posts

Default Re: Need to fix my broken Nexus 4, asking for help

Don't know the answers to your questions but even if not under warranty The Nexus Help Center might be able to help or answer your questions
    https://support.google.com/nexus/?hl=en#topic=3415518
    If you are signed into your account there is a "contact us" tab in the top right so you can call or chat with them. Or call them 1-855-836-3987; press 1; then press 2