Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 4 Stuck in Fastboot Mode

So, i woke up this morning to find my phone in fastboot mode. this is a stock phone, i've not tried doing anything special with it. I tried many things to make it exit this mode following advice on forums, however gave up. I then tried unlocking the phone through fastboot as i understood this would wipe the data on the phone (just incase there was something causing it to malfunction), but this didn't solve my problem either. When i try rebooting the device, it comes up with 'google', then proceeds to the 4 coloured blob bootings screen and then never leaves.

I'm not a coder but am happy to follow any guides anyone may have, i've installed SDK and ADB, if this helps get my nexus back up and running!

thanks in advance!
    Harry
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Nexus 4 Stuck in Fastboot Mode

Ok, so i went into recovery mode and actually carried out a factory reset and wiped all user data, however still not booting... is there anything i can install to the phone via ADB in recovery mode?

Flash factory image again. https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aos...y-02e344de.tgz you'll need to unlock the bootloader which ordinarily would wipe data but you've already done that.
    http://www.androidcentral.com/androi..._N2bvoWThwO_tw
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

that worked a treat! i followed this guide here which was quite clear on how to go through each step at a time How to flash a factory image to your Nexus device | The Full Signal

My Nexus 4 is back in the game!

Nice. Glad it's up and running. 😀😀😀