Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,654 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Default Leaving The Nexus 4 Behind And Upgrading To the Samsung Galaxy S5

Well I decided to leave behind the Nexus line of devices and go the Samsung Galaxy S5. I looked good and hard at the Nexus 5, but in the end I just couldn't get past the blandness look of it. I really liked my Nexus 4, but after checking out the SGS 5 I was instantly sold on it. I certainly don't like the manufacturer and carrier bloatware on the S5 that's for sure. The S5 is a beautiful ddevice and it is a powerhouse specs wise. I will certainly miss the quick Android OS updates, but that's about it. I tried to appreciate the Nexus 5, but looks wise it is really lacking. The S5 is a very snappy phone and smooth like you wouldn't believe. The display is just gorgeous.... the colors are vibrant. I like that the S5 is IP 67 qualified and the glass is made with Corning Gorilla Glass 3. I would really encourage somebody to check out the S5 if they are looking for a new decice.
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.

Default Re: Leaving The Nexus 4 Behind And Upgrading To the Samsung Galaxy S5

Hope you enjoy. The S5 seems like a great device, although I would be reluctant to give up on on-screen buttons.

The N4 has still a lot of life left in it, and at this point I think it's worth to hold out and wait. There are some potentially great devices coming up soon: the G3 and the Moto X+1, and to some extent the nexus 6 although that one is probably a bit further down the road.

ROM
    KK 4.4.3

Pass on the S5 myself. Samsung phones just leave a bad taste in my mouth. I'm waiting to see what the next Moto X (be it the X+1, X2, XX, X^2, or whatever they end up calling it) is like. If it's anything like the first, it will be the replacement for my venerable N4.

Global Posts
    357 Global Posts

Good luck with the S5! Hope it works out for you.

I'm like the other poster's, I'm holding onto my N4. I really hate the N5's overall design/size. The N4 is 100% perfect size and perfect for a pocket phone person like myself. Coming from a VZW Motorola Bionic 1.5yrs ago, the N4/TMobile combo has been the best phone/carrier/price experience I can ever remember! LOL. I think my next phone will definitely be a GP phone and not a carrier branded phone. I absolutely love getting Android/app updates before carriers. It's so funny seeing my friends carrier Android phones sit there for 4.2 update for like 5 months while I had it back around Thanksgiving.

Best of luck!