What to do with a cracked Nexus 4 at this point?

anon(285475)

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I broke my screen, and replaced it with a Nexus 5. Getting it repaired doesn't seem to be cost-effective. What would you do with a broken Nexus 4 at this point in it's life cycle?

anon(285475)

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Nah unfortunately with any Nexus 4 once the screen cracks the touch doesn't work at all because it's built into the glass itself instead of underneath. It's useless unless repaired which, from what I've gathered, LG charges around $160 for.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Nah unfortunately with any Nexus 4 once the screen cracks the touch doesn't work at all because it's built into the glass itself instead of underneath. It's useless unless repaired which, from what I've gathered, LG charges around $160 for.
$25 on eBay as is would be all you get, you can't sell it on swappa.com since it isn't fully functional.

You can get a do it yourself kit to replace the screen for about $60, if successful you could get $160-$225 on swappa.com for it.

Otherwise, donate it to a developer perhaps?

Waterdroid

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Open it up and sell the components separately on eBay. Like the battery, the back, the usb-part, the camera and the motherboard will gain you quite some money if you don't ask too much for them.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

MrProph

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
replaced my screen for 100, its easy actually make sure you buy the digitizer and screen already assembled (it makes it easier to install) then its just as simple as unscrewing and remembering where the parts go then screwing it back together, you will need a T5 screwdriver and a pry tool

Waterdroid

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm some of what MrProph has said. I haven't replaced my screen but I have opened up my Nexus 4 using tools bought off iFixit's site (I can recommend getting one of those toolpacks) and it's indeed pretty darn easy to do.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk